Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL

American typing out of Mom's basement says he could take down a ball instantly from a cross and slam a half volley with his weaker foot past Nick Pope.

New levels of delusion!

Im not American, but you have never let facts or reality get in your way before so I’m not surprised to see you make shit up again.

Im not American, but you have never let facts or reality get in your way before so I’m not surprised to see you make shit up again.

Haha, the irony

"Hey man! never let facts or reality get in your way!" :mourpointlaugh:

also

"Player who has 0 goals from same amount of game time has better shot on him than player who has scored 9 goals. Fact!"
:mourglasses:

(*already see "disagree x1" - by Igula below my post right now*)

Only at Spurs could supporters questions Kane's ability, commitment and love for our fucking club, every PL team would love him. At 27 he is second in our all time top scores list, he has shown loyalty beyond fucking compare in this modern game, when other players shat on us. At times we really do not deserve nice things if we are putting Kane in the same bracket as ANY FUCKING PLAYER we have had in our recent history, catch a grip.

I think that is very accurate reflection of the situation.
Bergwijn has to prove himself on the field, actually contributing to our attacking play to get some game time in EPL for example.
Just metaphysical factors such as "having better shot and touch" do not grant the playing time, you have to have real impact.

Right now he has got 16 minutes of EPL football from last 360 available, which in fact is reflection that coaching staff thinks like this as well (even though some here are doing some real mental gymnastic trying to prove that coaching staff is in fact happy with him as he is doing everything well; i mean if that would be true, why would he be so low in pecking order?)...

Only at Spurs could supporters questions Kane's ability, commitment and love for our fucking club, every PL team would love him. At 27 he is second in our all time top scores list, he has shown loyalty beyond fucking compare in this modern game, when other players shat on us. At times we really do not deserve nice things if we are putting Kane in the same bracket as ANY FUCKING PLAYER we have had in our recent history, catch a grip.
They are quite mad i think something in the water. It may also be never going to games. Trust me Luis Suarez, Van Persie or Owen or whoever did NOT turn up world class every single game they had shockers were invisible or were pocketed by the centerbacks thats what actual football not Fifa looks like. Kane has nothing to prove to anyone he is a generational talent that gets into Any side on the planet. Lets go pan European this last week in for Firminho, Liverpool, in for Keane PSG, in for the whole fucking Madrid front three. Barca Martin Braithwaite 🙄 This is embarrassing its too easy.

both of them were elite prospects who had just started the majority of games for Germany and Argentina in the 2010 WC. Their talent was undeniable if you saw both as young players. Which you probably didn't.
Hmm so a 22yr old is no longer young cos he has talent?

What about Rashford and Balotelli? We're they also world cup super stars? Or may be they were too tall to be seen as young players?

Hmm so a 22yr old is no longer young cos he has talent?

What about Rashford and Balotelli? We're they also world cup super stars? Or may be they were too tall to be seen as young players?
I'm saying nobody is dropping them back then as they were the level of young player that Haaland or Joao Felix is now.

He stalled Rashford's career because he preferred Lukaku's trampoline touch, and Balotelli was seen as a superstar-in-waiting at 18, who he then dropped from the first XI in his 2nd great season at Inter, which was the zenith of Mourinho's career.

Mourinho is not developing a 2015 Son Heung-Min or Dele Alli, one of many reasons he shouldn't be in hi job.

I think Bergie is an immense talent but has just become collateral damage in Jose's plans.

Consider this.
Kane and Son are automatically on the team sheet. We've been hoping Bale will hit his strides, and he has.
Lucas and Lamela are preferred behind them at the moment. I can't tell you why, neither can half this forum and the other half doesn't believe them anyway. Maybe work rate? Agression? Not sure.
We're hoping Dele gets back in (with a better work rate if Jose's gotten his point across) who is a proven premier League player already and may hit ridiculous heights again, if Jose has gotten his point across. Let's not forget Gio has to come back and is capable of playing on a wing I imagine.

I just don't see room for him at the moment, and I always say it takes at least a year for most players to adapt to the Premier League if they're coming from a foreign league. Maybe he has some personal things in his life like Tanguy did for the first bit as well, it's a big change I imagine.

I'm hoping that now that Jose seems to know his best 11 that he will start working on and tinkering with the EL team; easier opposition with a relatively closer level to the Dutch league, chance to build his confidence and develop pitch-relatuonships with other players and it'll let either Son or Bale get rest for the last push that could still happen.

I think it also doesn't help that we don't have a set second striker who he can work with in training to have a better understanding with the other forward player since right now no one knows who will be there next year.

I'm saying nobody is dropping them back then as they were the level of young player that Haaland or Joao Felix is now.

He stalled Rashford's career because he preferred Lukaku's trampoline touch, and Balotelli was seen as a superstar-in-waiting at 18, who he then dropped from the first XI in his 2nd great season at Inter, which was the zenith of Mourinho's career.

Mourinho is not developing a 2015 Son Heung-Min or Dele Alli, one of many reasons he shouldn't be in hi job.
You are just making stuff up as you go. You have now changed your argument from age ro level of development.

Both Di Maria and Ozil were younger players than the current Bergwijn. Neither of them was at the level of Haaland or Joao felix. Neither of them was at a big club until they joined Madrid. Ozil in particular was bought as a backup option to Kaka but in your warped mind they were undroppable.

He stalled Rashford's career cos he bought Lukaku? Was that career stalled when Rashford made 35 Pl appearances? or was it in the previous year when they had Ibra and Rashford made 32 appearances?The reality is that Mourinho simply preferred to play Rashford as a LWF where his pace was more effective and preferred his target CFs in the middle. Interestingly, that is the same LWF role Rashford has spent most of his time under Ole. Guess Ole is also stalling Rashford's career by signing Cavani?

The best everyone has seen of Balotelli was under Mourinho at Inter. Balotelli dropped in the pecking order cos they were better player like eto ahead of him. Even than he made 13starts. Since then no one else has gotten anything even close out of him, and usually by no fault of the managers. When he should be at his peak,Balotelli was playing for Nice in Ligue 1 but that must be Mourinho's fault as well.

Whether he can develop a younger Son or Dele is not the debate, but your stupid false claim that Bergwijn is likely 'suffering' under Mourinho cos of his age. Did it ever occur to you that Bergwijn;s confidence might have been severly damaged by the spotlight his misses against Liverpool brought? Can it be that Bergwijn is out of form while Moura is in form? Could it be that the young boy is still adapting to the league and environment? Is it possibly that he is struggling with all the changes brought about by the pandemic? Is it possible that he has issues in his personal life that is not public knowledge?

But then such things never crosses the mind of people like you, and even if it did you would quickly wave it aside, in favor of the higher truth - Mourinho is the root of all eveil and must be blamed for everything that is wrong in the world.

At the rate you are going, you will soon be blaming Mourinho for the pandemic and Trump's election loss.

Steven Bergwijn has suffered from all manner of online abuse, including racial and a death threat this season. Recently we reported that he’d limited who could reply to his Instagram account. The boy’s Twitter account has remained idle for many months now.

Now, all Spurs-related images from this season (except FIFA ones which were presumably paid endorsements) have been suddenly deleted from his Instagram account.

Steven Bergwijn has suffered from all manner of online abuse, including racial and a death threat this season. Recently we reported that he’d limited who could reply to his Instagram account. The boy’s Twitter account has remained idle for many months now.

Now, all Spurs-related images from this season (except FIFA ones which were presumably paid endorsements) have been suddenly deleted from his Instagram account.

That's heavy.

Don't know why any professional would run there own social accounts, so called fans throwing abuse at players who play for there teams.
More needs to be done with people hiding behind screens online.

Back
Top Bottom