Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did we ever win with Dembele in the team? Yes, he dribbled and held the ball. So what? Sandro, another fans favourite who actually did fuck all. The list is endless.
Until we have a team where the majority of players can score goals, we’ll continue to win fuck all. Sonny and Kane apart, the rest of our team run around like headless chickens.
FIVE different City players scored for Man City last night.
Are you saying Dembele wasn’t actually that good, or that we didn’t have enough good players to play alongside him? If it’s the former, you are deranged

I think Stevie B has had a decent start to the season, but he's going to need to be consistent and weigh in with a lot more goals and assists before I reverse my opinion on him.

That opinion being that he just isn't good enough

Are you saying Dembele wasn’t actually that good, or that we didn’t have enough good players to play alongside him? If it’s the former, you are deranged
Dembele needed to score more goals to have been a complete player. The point I was making was that we have too many players who don’t score.

Dembele needed to score more goals to have been a complete player. The point I was making was that we have too many players who don’t score.
Modric too, didn’t score enough either. Both shit, I would prefer Kevin Nolan in midfield than either of them, more of a goal threat

Dembele was our best player for years. This is according to every single Spurs player that played with him.
If you think Kante isn't a complete player because he doesn't score, I'm just going to assume you're new to football.

Call him incomplete if you wish; but I'd kill for a 25yr old Dembele to run shit for us right now.

Bergwijn is like poor man's Adama Traore, both lack goal scoring ability, but Traore is far better at running with ball, going past opponent's defense and creating chances in the final third.

What did we ever win with Dembele in the team? Yes, he dribbled and held the ball. So what? Sandro, another fans favourite who actually did fuck all. The list is endless.
Until we have a team where the majority of players can score goals, we’ll continue to win fuck all. Sonny and Kane apart, the rest of our team run around like headless chickens.
FIVE different City players scored for Man City last night.
Dembele was/is freakishly good. Should have doubled his wages and kept him for two more years. No one could get the ball off him and he was really good defensively. I honestly have no memory of him getting tackled. Just moving the ball up the pitch with players falling over themselves all around him. Selling him in January was utterly stupid.

Bergwijn is like poor man's Adama Traore, both lack goal scoring ability, but Traore is far better at running with ball, going past opponent's defense and creating chances in the final third.
Ooh,, I was with you until your final 6 words.

14 assists in 6 years in England.

Last edited:
It's funny how people who were properly losing their shit when it looked like we were going to sign Traore for £50 million or whatever it was are now properly losing their shit because we didn't sign him

Back
Top Bottom