Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AQdEqiexYdbh.gif

I’ve said all along this guy can play, he is technically very strong. The issue is his fitness. As soon as he plays well he gets injured.

It seems like Conte believes in his talent so I hope they can find a solution to his injury problems. If not it would be better to sell.

He's lacked confidence for such a long period of time.

This match has to give him a boost

The composure and technique for the 3rd goal was just incredible. Clearly a skilled and powerful player.

Just so up and down in confidence and fitness. If Conte can get him consistently playing well we've got to keep him. Definitely keep til the summer at least.

Seems obvious to say after his career best performance, but Stevie has been playing well for a while now. Even before the game, the argument could have been made that he deserves to be rotating with Son and starting with Son out. I think he deserves far more than 10 minutes at the end of a game. If we use him off the bench, he should be getting 30+ minutes once Lucas or a midfielder gets tired.

Hopefully, his lack of participation has just been injury related.

If he has a bad game at Chelsea everyone will be back on the hate train
I wish it wasn't true but that's all it would take.

The guy's development was put to a grinding halt when Jose took over, and played him as RW who would just be on defensive duties. I genuinely think that Conte is the guy who can get him back to the form he was when he first joined us.

We could do far worse than keeping Bergs, even if it's just until summer.

Back
Top Bottom