Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved the little touch down to Kane for our second.
Loved the power on his finish.
Loved that his first thought was to go retrieve the ball.
Loved the composure for the third.

Keep.

Concentrate on defence and midfield this window.

People said the same about Ronaldo.

people come in all shapes and sizes. Stevie is quite broad for his size. Hes not fat.
Nah I disagree, he looked slightly slimmed yday for what it's worth.

I know he's a bit stocky but he definitely carries a little too much weight for me, theres no way he's one of the fittest on the pitch. I go up and down the team and I guarantee any fitness tests done at the club and Berg will be in the lower bracket.

You can see he's strong the way he hold up players for his size so I'm not calling him fat, maybe too muscular where he doesn't need it

For those of you who missed the last few minutes last night!
1200px-Stevie_Wonder.jpg
I went to turn it off, clicked my phone and it gave me a mini screen instead of closing the page completely. I said to myself I have to watch it now and honestly that was the 93rd and a bit mins in, just after berg was booked

just re-watching his second goal got to give it to him it was not a a shot at goal he did go for the far corner to avoid the defender getting on the line

I know he's a bit stocky but he definitely carries a little too much weight for me, theres no way he's one of the fittest on the pitch. I go up and down the team and I guarantee any fitness tests done at the club and Berg will be in the lower bracket.

You can see he's strong the way he hold up players for his size so I'm not calling him fat, maybe too muscular where he doesn't need it
He will be one of the quickest over 30 yards

Yup, that was his best touch of the football on the night. Flipped the whole move behind the back of the defense in one little poke.

That’s what Conte’s getting at when he said that Bergwijn has qualities the rest of the squad doesn’t.

Do they add up to a CL-level starter (or does Traore, who has some comparable unique abilities)? Honestly, for me, no, but god it’s nice to see a bit of technical ability out there

how is that when mourinho was playing him at rwb just because he is broad doesnt mean he aint fit when are we gonna learn this shit. He might not be the fittist right now with his time out due to injury.

Bergwijn has had some great moments at the club tbf and only just turned 24. Never thought it was a brilliant idea to sell him but figured if it got Conte funds, then whatever.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and kick on in a more stable coaching situation under Conte.

yea lovely little touch, shows his intelligence. little touch for kane whos already facing goalwards. a lot of other players try and bring that down for themselves and slow the attack down and it goes nowhere allowing the opposition to reshape.

just hope bergwijn really takes off from here because weve not had the performances that his ability can provide.

Always felt there was a player in there, you only have to look at his performances for the Dutch national side. But its a case of getting the best out of him and keeping him injury free.

Started the season well under Nuno, would be good to see him be regularly involved and hopefully Conte can get him scoring more often.

Always felt there was a player in there, you only have to look at his performances for the Dutch national side. But its a case of getting the best out of him and keeping him injury free.

Started the season well under Nuno, would be good to see him be regularly involved and hopefully Conte can get him scoring more often.
Jose played him stupidly and Nuno was not very good so reallythis kid hasn’t had a good spell to show his best. He clearly has technical ability which we are absolutely crying out for though and he works hard. Madness to sell him given what else we have in the squad. I expect he will stay now, i hope so.

I think there is an overreaction to him based on one game here and it could be in literally two weeks people will be saying we should have sold him.

But I have always thought there was a player in there. People on SC would come at me when I said he could play at 10. He’s got the skills to do that and with good coaching could be a CL level player which is where we should aspire to be.

He is suffered, like so much of our squad, from 2 years of shit coaching under average Portuguese coaches. In order to hit CL we need a coach who makes each part shine but also makes us greater than the sum of our parts. We might have that now and I’d expect us to get top 4 next season. This year is too close to call.

Conte said he is a striker, not a winger.

I would actually agree.

I'm all for giving him a run up top with Son out.

He's proven to be dangerous in and around the opponents box.

Seems to get lost playing out wide

yeah it's a highlight video, but always seemed more dangerous down the middle than out wide

It's interesting how it looked as if Bergwijn anticipated another goal after scoring his 1st for the evening: instead of getting totally carried away he hardly celebrated his goal, and instead went straight for the ball (in the net) to re-start the game as fast as possible and signaled that to his team-mates and fans when he was running back for after the goal.... Then, after Leicester's kick-off, when he challenged Tielemens, he (Bergwijn) was easily feinted away and instead of running back to track down Tielemans, to try to retrieve the ball (which he normally would have done), he instead positioned himself in an attacking position as if he knew there would come another chance to score...

Back
Top Bottom