Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think that's hard do believe you didn't fucking even watched a game under Mourinho.
I think the big problem in the Mourinho era was fitness. We started games ok then ended up clinging on for dear life. Every single time he said "I didn't tell them to do that"
He's many many things but he wouldn't say that IMO. Even in games we won he'd say it. He's so egotistical I would expect him to take credit for those games, not claim it wasn't his doing.
The issue is, he should have been aware of it and fixed it.

As mentioned already with the introduction of the 5 sub rule next season SB would be perfect for us as well as cup competition rotation.

However, he sees himself as better than a bench warmer and I'm OK with that.

His sub roles last season were important to us and we'll miss them next season.

Injuries as much as anything have plagued his time with us, and not too disappointed to see him move on for that reason.

Decent first three games of the season under Nuno, then gets injured. Great vs West Ham in the league cup. A few bright appearances from the bench, and obviously Leicester. Outstanding for Holland. Then didn't really get a sniff because we played one game per week and Kane/Son remained fit throughout.

Good player, look forward to seeing him play in CL for Ajax this season. Would prefer it was him sticking around and Lucas moving on.

£21 million seems cheap though, thought we would have at least got 25. I know 4 million is not a lot in football these days but it’s 4. Million we could have put towards spence

Goodbye sweet price.

If you look at his overall contribution you have to say he was a flop, although like Lucas and Lamela we can look back on certain moments i.e Leicester away, City debut etc...

Just tells you where we are now, it's important we moved on from these sort of players who barely contribute much with any sort of consistency.

Crushed the ajax record fee. Previous was Haller for 22.5m euro. If Stevie can deliver half of what Haller did it will be a bargain

I am surprised to read that others bid more but that Ajax got him because he only wanted to go to Amsterdam. Not too common that the lowest bid wins because the player refuses to go

Anyway, I think he will be great for Ajax. Feel like he never had the chance for a proper 8 game run at Spurs with Kane and Son but that happens when you go to the PL

Crushed the ajax record fee. Previous was Haller for 22.5m euro. If Stevie can deliver half of what Haller did it will be a bargain

I am surprised to read that others bid more but that Ajax got him because he only wanted to go to Amsterdam. Not too common that the lowest bid wins because the player refuses to go

Anyway, I think he will be great for Ajax. Feel like he never had the chance for a proper 8 game run at Spurs with Kane and Son but that happens when you go to the PL

I think you're getting him at a good time because he's starting to mature - it's clear that he deserves a run in a team - personally I think he can play at a much higher level.

Good player, just unlucky with injuries and lost his confidence in front of goal after he fucked up those two sitters away at Anfield in the lockdown season.

If he stays fit and plays regularly he will be a great signing for Ajax. We got our money back so can’t really complain. His goals against Leicester put us into the CL, so he played his part for us.

I think you're getting him at a good time because he's starting to mature - it's clear that he deserves a run in a team - personally I think he can play at a much higher level.

Stevie's on easy street by comparison.....

- Back to home country.
- Much easier league.
- The dominant Dutch club.
- CL football pretty much guaranteed every season.

+ Should ensure a regular spot in the national team squad.

Hope he does well, rather he goes back to the Netherlands to a decent team than going elsewhere in the prem and coming back to bite us

Back
Top Bottom