Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho's got football manager's Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. He drives players into the ground in the hope they get injured so he's got a ready made excuse lined up. And he likes to chip away at a player's confident until they start comfort eating, then he can blame them for poor performances.

Mourinho's got football manager's Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. He drives players into the ground in the hope they get injured so he's got a ready made excuse lined up. And he likes to chip away at a player's confident until they start comfort eating, then he can blame them for poor performances.

The manager with 20 major trophies at 5 different clubs likes to drive players into the ground so he can have ready made excuses for failure?

The manager with 20 major trophies at 5 different clubs likes to drive players into the ground so he can have ready made excuses for failure?

The guy can't compete with Pep, Klopp and the new generation of managers. He should have gone into national management like Capello and Eriksen when they became outdated. The shit we've seen this season will pale into insignificance compared to what comes next year. It started in the first game in his last season at Chelsea and in pre season at Man Utd.

The guy can't compete with Pep, Klopp and the new generation of managers. He should have gone into national management like Capello and Eriksen when they became outdated. The shit we've seen this season will pale into insignificance compared to what comes next year. It started in the first game in his last season at Chelsea and in pre season at Man Utd.
Put away all sharp objects, you're clearly depressed I mean just how much drivel can you fit in one post?

Surely a sprained ankle is a week or two out at most? He's hasnt damaged any ligaments according to that statement.

Am I missing something here?

It’s weird isn’t it. Players from other clubs get a hamstring, arm injury or sprained ankle = a couple of weeks out. Spurs players = 4 months out.
What’s next Lo Celso out for 6 months with a paper cut?
Who is Levy employing as head of medical staff? Dr Bob from the Lee Nelson show perhaps?

The curse for burning down Archway steel.
Wasn't there some Argentine club who's fans buried 7 or 8 black cats under their rivals pitch? Which caused a "curse" on them which caused them to not win a title for literal decades afterwards until all the cats were found.

Probably a gooner or spammer that has buried something during the build.

Wasn't there some Argentine club who's fans buried 7 or 8 black cats under their rivals pitch? Which caused a "curse" on them which caused them to not win a title for literal decades afterwards until all the cats were found.

Probably a gooner or spammer that has buried something during the build.
...and I'm pretty sure Birmingham City had a similar story about why they hadn't won a trophy in 110+ years....

Until they did....

Against the Arse....

Arsey!

I feel like we've been having the same discussion about injuries the last few seasons - "we've just been really unlucky, next season with everyone fit we'll be much stronger, I'd like to see X team cope without X player(s)".

It just seems to keep happening to us... I'm sure most fans feel the same way about their own clubs, but it feels like we're disproportionately fucked over by injuries.

Utter bollocks.

Fat Elvis has turned full-troll.

I feel like we've been having the same discussion about injuries the last few seasons - "we've just been really unlucky, next season with everyone fit we'll be much stronger, I'd like to see X team cope without X player(s)".

It just seems to keep happening to us... I'm sure most fans feel the same way about their own clubs, but it feels like we're disproportionately fucked over by injuries.

Read earlier in the season that Atletico Madrid have a lot of muscle injuries. 30 injuries in 30 matches and were struggling to put out a team.

Makes me wonder what special juice Liverpool run on??

Jesus wept I've seen some ridiculous posts in my time but this one is close to being the gold standard

Dutch journalist Sjoerd Mossou spoke on Fox Sports on Monday and suggested he saw this situation coming. SoccerNews.nl quote him as saying: “Is it very strange how it’s gone? In January, they said at PSV that he was not fit. He was a few kilograms overweight, and it was not just transfer things for that."

“My colleague Maarten Wijffels has reported on it a number of times and at PSV they really said weeks ago: it is inevitable that he will be injured.”

De Telegraaf sound brighter about a return date than some other media outlets, and they explain that full examinations can’t yet take place because of the swelling.

It’s not ‘immediately obvious’ that Bergwijn will be out for months, and they tell a story of him once being carried off on a stretcher, everyone assuming he’d be out for weeks, only for Bergwijn to start PSV’s next match.

The Dutch newspaper believe Mourinho presented the worst case scenario, without really knowing anything with certainty, because he wanted to make Tottenham’s injury crisis seem as bad as possible.

Dutch journalist Sjoerd Mossou spoke on Fox Sports on Monday and suggested he saw this situation coming. SoccerNews.nl quote him as saying: “Is it very strange how it’s gone? In January, they said at PSV that he was not fit. He was a few kilograms overweight, and it was not just transfer things for that."

“My colleague Maarten Wijffels has reported on it a number of times and at PSV they really said weeks ago: it is inevitable that he will be injured.”

De Telegraaf sound brighter about a return date than some other media outlets, and they explain that full examinations can’t yet take place because of the swelling.

It’s not ‘immediately obvious’ that Bergwijn will be out for months, and they tell a story of him once being carried off on a stretcher, everyone assuming he’d be out for weeks, only for Bergwijn to start PSV’s next match.

The Dutch newspaper believe Mourinho presented the worst case scenario, without really knowing anything with certainty, because he wanted to make Tottenham’s injury crisis seem as bad as possible.
I think that Mou saying that he doesn't expect him to play this season is just his attempt at calming things down. He'd rather be positively surprised and have Steven back in a few weeks. Than negatively surprised by him being out longer than expected. Just like he did with Kane and Son.

I think that Mou saying that he doesn't expect him to play this season is just his attempt at calming things down. He'd rather be positively surprised and have Steven back in a few weeks. Than negatively surprised by him being out longer than expected. Just like he did with Kane and Son.
It didn't calm things down, though, did it?

But the bigger issue is that he has flogged a player who had obvious fatigue/fitness issues. He has brought this on himself.

He had 3 games where he had to get his priorities right; FA Cup against Norwich, Burnley in the PL and RBL in the CL. He decided to field virtually his strongest team (Vorm being the obvious exception) against the weakest of those 3 teams. He fucked up his tactics so badly against this atrocious Norwich team that we had to go for 120 mins (and still crashed out). After the Norwich game, he said Bergwijn asked to come off because he was close to being injured. So, what does Mourinho do? He starts him in the next game against Burnley. Obviously. And plays him for 90 mins. Even though Mourinho (or the board-we don't know) had decided the RBL game was more important.

Back
Top Bottom