Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EDIT: I see this tweet is actually from July, so not sure why it came up on my reddit thread today, but the question remains.

How do folks feel about this statement?

Me personally, I don't understand how this kid is behind Lucas. I get how Jose likes that Lucas runs a lot and has a leap on him, but Bergwijn doesn't just sit there and not come into our defensive third. His involvement going forward is also far more intelligent.

When will this kid usurp Lucas?

Mourinho does not like being questioned on his selection policy. Same re Dele not playing. Poch was the same. It seems a constant theme with Journos at Spurs News conferences.
Do not think either Moura or Bergwijn will be first choice when Bale fit.

More fire please Stevie.... Like Dele; gotta make a mark against the farmers.

Forget about Bale incoming; there's still a lot of game-time to be fought for and 4 other players to fight it out with....

Lucas
Bergwijn
Lamela
Sessengon
Clarke

More fire please Stevie.... Like Dele; gotta make a mark against the farmers.

Forget about Bale incoming; there's still a lot of game-time to be fought for and 4 other players to fight it out with....

Lucas
Bergwijn
Lamela
Sessengon
Clarke

The whole team looked like they were walking in the park for the most part. Partially due to the opposition, partly due to a pretty shit pitch as well. Steven did not stand out, but I would be hard pressed to give anyone a 7/10 as the whole game was rather MEH after the first goal.

The whole team looked like they were walking in the park for the most part. Partially due to the opposition, partly due to a pretty shit pitch as well. Steven did not stand out, but I would be hard pressed to give anyone a 7/10 as the whole game was rather MEH after the first goal.

I agree, I just felt a few of them had a point to prove tonight....

Just needs a run of games.

First player since van der Vaart to score in his first 3 league home starts for this club. He hasn't started a 4th home league game yet..... and that 3rd home league game was against Man Utd!!!!!

I like what I see of Bergwijn though. I think he's an intelligent footballer who has a good final ball on him and knows where the back of the net is. Just looks a bit short on confidence. With Bale and Son both out injured, this is a big chance for him to get a run of games under his belt and really show us what he can do.

Pretty uneven performance today. A couple of bright moments in the second, an anonymous first half, one or two miscues. I think he has ability, but is more of a project than I initially thoughT.

Hope he proves me wrong but looks like a waste of 30m at this stage. Worse than Moura. Totally lacks bravery and hides from the ball, lacks killer instinct and makes the wrong decision more oft than not.

Has to start performing soon, he wasn't bought on a cheap as a talent, he was brought in for top dollar to perform.

I think he will come good, but he needs to prove that he should be selected to start games while Son and Bale are out. After that his chances will be even less limited.

I'd say his performance was the only negative from tonight. Starting to worry me a bit if I'm honest.

Isn't really driving at players and is horribly one-footed - that right foot shot was shocking.

Needs more game time but not the immediate first choice player I initially expected. Early days but needs to do and show more

The thing I like about him the most is his first touch is great. And that alone makes him better than probably half of our squad. A good first touch makes such a big difference during a counter-attack. He's not one of the intelligent cunts though - I feel like he sometimes seems a little too scared. A bit like Sessegnon in that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom