Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done, lad.

Ran his balls off.

Solid defensively.

Got himself in great situations and should have scored a sitter - just needs to shake that tension in front of goal and relax more.

Won a pen that kicked off that performance.

I love ya, kid.

Fuck the haters.

They know nothing.

Bergwijn is twice the player Lucas is at the moment. As I said after he missed the chance, the lad is just low on confidence. His runs are getting better, and his first touch is brilliant. Even in these games, you can see that he's talented. I'd play him over Bale or Lucas for sure at the moment, his only competition might be Coco.
Bingo.

* he's clearly ahead of coco for me, tho

Thought he was ok today. OK in the sense that his energy was exceptional and he was making great runs and helping out a lot defensively. But let down by poor passes/desion making and shooting in the final 3rd of the pitch.

If he can just improve his end product when he is attacking then we have a great player on our hands.

Not 100% fit. Should he even be playing or does he just need to toughen up?

Mourinho on Bergwijn​

"He's having a lot of little physical problems. Even in the last 10 minutes he was touching his groin and adductor muscle a lot. It's preventing him from training sometimes. He's giving very good things for the team though and the goals will come."

Mourinho on Bergwijn​

"He's having a lot of little physical problems. Even in the last 10 minutes he was touching his groin and adductor muscle a lot. It's preventing him from training sometimes. He's giving very good things for the team though and the goals will come."
He's getting into good positions and helping the team effort.
Hopeful rather than confident that he will become a key player for us.

Mourinho on Bergwijn​

I thought he played ok but the goals must come for him to keep his place in the team.

Mourinho on Bergwijn​

He must lose some weight and get fit

Mourinho on Bergwijn​

Interesting, he strikes me as one of those lads that needs to train daily to stay physically in top shape. If he's missing training sessions he's got one of those builds that looks like he'll gain a few pounds just by looking at a bowl of pasta.

Thought he had a good game today (bar his finishing) - thought he done well to win the penalty and of course he ran his bollocks off.

Definitely needs to start scoring though (or at least assisting more). Mourinho seems to think it'll come, so I will believe him.

I'm not a convert at the moment and generally rate his performance as 'meh'.

I thought he was better today and definitely prefer him ahead of Moura. Thing is, what would be a decent goal return from that position? 10 - 12 i'm guessing? He looks miles away from that at the moment. I definitely think he should get more time though.

Well done, lad.

Ran his balls off.

Solid defensively.

Got himself in great situations and should have scored a sitter - just needs to shake that tension in front of goal and relax more.

Won a pen that kicked off that performance.

I love ya, kid.

Fuck the haters.

They know nothing.
It's funny cos on the radio commentary it sounded like he wasn't great but a. They can't mention everything and b. Sam matterface is a bellend!

If he'd scored a couple of his chances he probably would have been MOTM. We need him in the team, he runs hard, presses well and is a much better footballer than Lucas and Sissoko. With him back in the XI Kane and Son could actually get into the game.

Just needs one goal to get the memory of Anfield out of his head.

Definitely lacking confidence in front of goal. He's trying to smash everything at the moment and is snatching at chances. The second half he took an extra touch to try and make sure. His first touch was excellent for it and should have hit it . Needs a goal to give him a boost. Hopefully comes soon.

Definitely lacking confidence in front of goal. He's trying to smash everything at the moment and is snatching at chances. The second half he took an extra touch to try and make sure. His first touch was excellent for it and should have hit it . Needs a goal to give him a boost. Hopefully comes soon.
The next 2 games should be a good chance for him to score. He won't be under the same defensive pressure. I'd start him in both if he's fit.

Back
Top Bottom