Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty happy with Bergwijn today, think he's our best option for RW. Needs to be more assured in his striking obviously but I think he has it in him. Was kind of worried about him for a while but Leeds and Liverpool show there's something to work with.

He's an attacker yet all you lot go on about how good he is defensively ,19 games 4 goals and zero assists he just isn’t good enough .

Here is a comparison between Bergwijn and Son's first years for Spurs in the Prem:

Son Heung-Min
28 games (13 starts)
4 goals
1 assist

Steven Bergwijn
25 games (15 starts)
3 goals
2 assists

Maybe he just needs a bit of time and a bit of confidence?

Both the exact same age too at the time they joined Tottenham (Actually, Bergwijn was a little bit younger)

Pretty happy with Bergwijn today, think he's our best option for RW. Needs to be more assured in his striking obviously but I think he has it in him. Was kind of worried about him for a while but Leeds and Liverpool show there's something to work with.
Don't forget his match against Manchester City this season

You do know the manager gives players instructions on what he wants - so if JM wants a player to spend a lot of time tracking back, he's less likely to score.
You do know the manager gives players instructions on what he wants - so if JM wants a player to spend a lot of time tracking back, he's less likely to score.
It’s not just the tracking back it’s when he’s in forwards positions with the ball he creates zero never looks comfortable with the ball ,quite light weight considering his size and speed .

They’ve both been average as well I want to know what he contributes going forward? all I’ve heard about how good he is defensively .

He should have scored two goals today. All that is missing is his finishing. He opens up a lot of spaces for Kane and Son and links with them well.

The quality of our attack today compared with the abominable displays against Leicester and Wolves is blindingly obvious. He's a young player who needs to improve in front of goal but he is clearly our best option for that 3rd attacking position.

They’ve both been average as well I want to know what he contributes going forward? all I’ve heard about how good he is defensively .
During the transitions , he does always the right move and attract 1 or 2 def to create the space for Son or Kane . He is not like a plot waiting the ball at his feet like moura

Here is a comparison between Bergwijn and Son's first years for Spurs in the Prem:

Son Heung-Min
28 games (13 starts)
4 goals
1 assist

Steven Bergwijn
25 games (15 starts)
3 goals
2 assists

Maybe he just needs a bit of time and a bit of confidence?

Both the exact same age too at the time they joined Tottenham (Actually, Bergwijn was a little bit younger)
Son's first was frustrating viewing, more so than Bergwijn to me.
I remember he would just get the ball stuck under his feet constantly...

Confidence and calmness can be built up in a young player, if he is brave enough to put in the work.
Is Bergwijn brave enough? Don't know, we'll see!

1 year ago , he joined us and was presented like a player for the futur.
Look now the situation, he is fighting his spot with Moura (28y) , Bale (31) injured , Lamela injured .
With the Brexit and the new rules , we know who will leave this summer ...

Back
Top Bottom