Stevenage Borough v Spurs XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Non of their players stood out for me, thought they were shit from Goalkeeper through to Centre Forward. BUT he did carryout his duties on man marking Azzaoui and nullified him some what. The context in this battle however is Azzaoui is 19 and Parrett must be 24 by now.
Yes, he was part of the Caulker/Mason/Townsend/Carroll/Obika group. I guess it is not going to happen for him. When he was playing for England youth I thought he was the most likely of that bunch to be a top player.

God knows what happened to Parrett. He always seemed to have the talent. Maybe he was too 'big time' and thought he was made already. He'll be in the lower leagues for the rest of his career now, still making money doing something that he no doubt loves though, but I imagine he'll always think what could have been.

Non of their players stood out for me, thought they were shit from Goalkeeper through to Centre Forward. BUT he did carryout his duties on man marking Azzaoui and nullified him some what. The context in this battle however is Azzaoui is 19 and Parrett must be 24 by now.
A small thing, but Azzaoui is actually only 17.

Charlie lee- did he not used to play for us?
Yeah, reserves. Made it one to the bench for a coupe of PL & EL games about 10 years ago if I remember rightly.
Resent probably had a bit to do with that tackle and, of course, frustration as dough boy got the run around.
No need for it, and as Windy said, the 'friendly' match is probably part of the deal for them giving our under 21's a home and is there is absolutely no need for a nasty challenge like that.

Back
Top Bottom