Still winning the league, innit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They won't learn.

They didn't learn from 3-0 to 3-2s v West Ham in previous years.
They didn't learn from conceding an injury time goal from a free kick from the same position v Newcastle just 2 weeks before.

Some of these players are just thick, lazy p****s who should be nowhere near our club.

Cannot tell you how much I despise Aurier and Sissoko.

Don't then.
Did you despise Aurier when he got that 5th goal at Utd?
I don't 'despise' any of our players. Sometimes i think they're useless, as in the case of the 2 players you mentioned. You can also add Winks and Sanchez to that list. But despise?? Nah......

Don't then.
I don't 'despise' any of our players. Sometimes i think they're useless, as in the case of the 2 players you mentioned. You can also add Winks and Sanchez to that list. But despise?? Nah......
And Dier.

These are all players you know will let us down and hold us back from peaking.,

Don't then.

Indeed.... Ditto all the bollocks some spout about "hate" and them being "cunts"......

Have a word. :avbhumph:

Don't then.
Wow, the 5th goal in a 6-1 win. What a hero.

We have 2 world class players at their peaks scoring goals for fun, yet we aren't winning, because we have Sissoko and Aurier and to a lesser extent Sanchez, Dier and Winks not pulling their weight. They are getting in the way of Kane and Son's winning trophies, which their quality and application deserve.

As I've said elsewhere, I forgive mistakes that come from lack of quality, but putting in insufficient effort (Sissoko for the first goal) and failing to learn from mistakes time and time again (Aurier) warrant altogether different emotions.

If you want to see these clowns squander the best chance we've had for a good season, go ahead, but I don't. We have a great manager; we have a great attack; but the same lazy, low-IQ players cost us goals, points and trophies again and again and again.

Last edited:
They won't learn.

They didn't learn from 3-0 to 3-2s v West Ham in previous years.
They didn't learn from conceding an injury time goal from a free kick from the same position v Newcastle just 2 weeks before.

Some of these players are just thick, lazy p****s who should be nowhere near our club.

Cannot tell you how much I despise Aurier and Sissoko.

Why despise any of our players? I mean cunt them off for not being up to standard by all means, but despise really?

43 posts.... Are you an iron fess up?

:sonpoint:

Don't then.
To me there is something dysfunctional with fans who despise their players
You may say that you want them to go, that they are not good enough (yes, you can say they are shit in this context). But despising makes me think more about a child who doesn't get what he wants from their parents and starts to throw a tantrum. Only , the person is not a child

I'll tell you why: there are kids who went to school on Mondays and were laughed at because of the laziness and stupidity of Aurier and Sissoko.

How much support does Sissoko get when fans are in the ground? A LOT... and he goes and does that.

As I said elsewhere, Sunday was the straw that broke the camel's back. What Sissoko did in a) giving the free-kick so needlessly and b) not bothering to jump is just criminal.

He's a disgrace.

As for the person who suggested I'm not Spurs: I've been to Kazan' for this club.

I'll tell you why: there are kids who went to school on Mondays and were laughed at because of the laziness and stupidity of Aurier and Sissoko.

How much support does Sissoko get when fans are in the ground? A LOT... and he goes and does that.

As I said elsewhere, Sunday was the straw that broke the camel's back. What Sissoko did in a) giving the free-kick so needlessly and b) not bothering to jump is just criminal.

He's a disgrace.

As for the person who suggested I'm not Spurs: I've been to Kazan' for this club.
If the worse that happens to a kid is being laughed at in school then the worlds not a bad place. Clearly not the school I went to. It's all about context. We will have days like Saturday it is the nature of football. If thd bloke we are paying 15 million a year to sort it out can't then we have an issue. The previous week both the players castigated had very good games. There's the knot Mourinho has to untangle. Perhaps I've had a few days to process but I think he will.

If the worse that happens to a kid is being laughed at in school then the worlds not a bad place. Clearly not the school I went to. It's all about context. We will have days like Saturday it is the nature of football. If thd bloke we are paying 15 million a year to sort it out can't then we have an issue. The previous week both the players castigated had very good games. There's the knot Mourinho has to untangle. Perhaps I've had a few days to process but I think he will.
Aurier and Sissoko's stupidity and laziness have nothing to do with management.

They're just beyond redemption.

Aurier and Sissoko's stupidity and laziness have nothing to do with management.

They're just beyond redemption.
I don't think either are as bad as you indicate and I certainly don't think they are lazy. Kyle Walker made loads of dopey mistakes he was coached into incremental improvement. Back in the summer a poster did a very good exhaustive analysis of right back options there are not many good ones about. Id like an upgrade on four players in our squad as a priority but the truth that many fans miss is you don't need eleven world beaters in a team to win things. Coaching can fix a lot of issues. Jose wasn't my pick but I back him to improve us.

Back
Top Bottom