Stoke (A) - 7th April, 3pm KO. (Whats the biggest shafting we've given Stoke?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another big game, especially if we are wanting to get second. United have City away whilst Liverpool are away to Everton.

Stoke are fighting relegation and find themselves 3 points adrift of safety. We will be the last team they want to play.

I can imagine Kane will start this match, as he looked sharp when coming on against Chelsea. Lamela to the bench and Son, Dele and Eriksen behind Kane. Other than that, the same team as the Chelsea match.

Top 4 is almost certain now, but let’s get the job done.

COYS.

its No good beating the chavs if we can’t get 3 points against relegation fighting stoke, let’s go strong for this one, hopefully Stoke will try to play as 1 point is no good for them, they were unlucky not to get something out of the game with woowich, but this should play into our hands!
The question is who drops out for Kane?

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
0-1

Dont think this will be as easy as our previous games against them. They are absolutely garbage though and we will pick up 3 points to go ahead of Liverpool and 1 point off United.

So 3 wins out of 3 and 10 goals scored without Kane. Does he come straight back in?
I 'liked' this, not because I don't want Kane back, but because I think it is a legitimate question.

Whilst 4 goals away to Bournemouth and 3 away to Swansea were not sufficient evidence of our ability to cope without Kane, 3 goals away to Chelsea to claim our first win there in 28 years is a statement. I'd be more than happy for him to be eased back with a substitute appearance against Stoke's donkeys so that he's 100% fit to face City the following week.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
0-1

Dont think this will be as easy as our previous games against them. They are absolutely garbage though and we will pick up 3 points to go ahead of Liverpool and 1 point off United.

I think you’re right. A Lambert Stoke is very different to a Hughes Stoke.

Being able to get ahead of Liverpool and only one point behind United is huge.

I think we will rotate fb's and drop Son for Kane.

Son won't be dropped so the question is will Kane start and if so who moves out of the midfield?

Although Lamela has been good I would still expect him to be benched in favour of Son simply and evidently because Son poses a greater goal threat. It would be a bit harsh but still likely.

It is a very healthy position to be in.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Moura start either.

We have a bit of a predicament where we have City the following week. That’ll be a tough game and although they may already be champions (meaning we have to give Walker the guard of honour) I imagine they’ll want to win every game.

We need to beat Stoke so that Chelsea result isn’t wasted.

Agree with much of above but, it isn’t just about who the better player is. Lamela is more combative than both Eriksen and Son....against certain teams, maybe Stoke, that can be more valuable than finishing or passing ability. I’d be tempted to bench Son, even though I think he’s better than Lamela.

Yes Kane must start but I do not expect too much from him for this match but he needs to play as we need him to get his rustiness out of the system before MC. Decision now is do we play the same team or bring in those players of similar ability like Aurier & Wanyama. What do we do with Moura, Rose & Toby. Cannot make too many changes but I expect some although no idea which ones Poch will choose. Stoke did well for 75 mins against Woolwich and will try and frustrate. We need to score early and not concede the first goal and all should be well.

Yes Kane must start but I do not expect too much from him for this match but he needs to play as we need him to get his rustiness out of the system before MC. Decision now is do we play the same team or bring in those players of similar ability like Aurier & Wanyama. What do we do with Moura, Rose & Toby. Cannot make too many changes but I expect some although no idea which ones Poch will choose. Stoke did well for 75 mins against Woolwich and will try and frustrate. We need to score early and not concede the first goal and all should be well.

I wouldn’t say they had a good 75 minutes. Both teams were poor until Ozick won the penalty. Stokes heads dropped then.

We are a much better team than Woolwich and we won’t give them any time on the ball. Confidence will be through the roof as well.

Back
Top Bottom