Stoke (A) - 7th April, 3pm KO. (Whats the biggest shafting we've given Stoke?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stoke spend about 79% of their total turnover on wages. That’s ridiculous for Stoke.
So, when they get relegated will they go bust for paying players more than they can afford?
Not with parachute payments which really are encouraging some clubs to gamble.
Other businesses can’t factor in money that may only be forthcoming for one year when they employ workers on guaranteed well paid, long contracts.
Is the PL really so good when clubs are relying on TV money to pay wages
Stoke highest paid player is reportedly on £70k a week.
Most are presumed between £20 -40k and only 3 are £50k or above.
Yet they still cannot afford to do this, without TV money.

Stream + performance = Grindingly haaaaardwork, but...

MASSIVE win!

Tho it appeared we tried our best to, no doubt in my mind, in years gone by we drop we'd have dropped points today.

:pochsmirk:

Just discovered white knight app for streams...really good and seemed better than ace stream.
That game was fucken ugly...just like the Stoke ladies....but three points is great!

You made four changes today, was that to freshen things up or were there some knocks?

Yes. Look I was so happy with the performance of the team, to beat Chelsea after 28 years. It's only that the players need to feel confident and feel that they can play for the team. Rotation sometimes is because of performances, sometimes it's to provide the team with fresh legs or for different reasons that we have in our ideas or our plan for the team.

Of course today was a tough game and we needed to rotate for different reasons. In the case of Kieran Trippier, he played two games in the international break with England and was overloaded and was a little bit tired. We cannot take a risk. He's okay, he's fit and everything but if in this type of situation we can look to avoid taking risks and we have players like Serge Aurier, who is working hard, why not give him the possibility. That doesn't mean I wasn't happy with Kieran, or with Dier or Lamela, or with different players like Ben Davies.

The most important thing is the team, is the club and if the players work hard and deserve to play and keep pushing when they're not playing and their behaviour is good, of course we are a coaching staff, a manager that we are going to give the opportunity to play of course.
:pochsulk:

Bad. How could it be good? Utd pick up 3 points increasing the gap and City will now be desperate for 3pts next week.

What I meant was, it shows where City are weak. We are a better team than United, and City won’t want to have to play us after playing in that and then against Liverpool again.

Obviously it’s bad United picked up the points. Let’s make at least 3rd ours now. Considering the gap there was between us and United, that’d be a great achievement still.

You need to get a life fella. Starting to get a bit stalkery.
You talk crap, I call you out for it. You don't like it, hence I'm a stalker.

Its not my fault that your posts are derisible.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, but I will pull you up when I read a post (at a time of my liking) that gets my goat.

Sabato 07/04 13:30 Everton - Liverpool
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Bournem. - C. Palace
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Brighton - Huddersfield
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Leicester - Newcastle
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Stoke City - Tottenham
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Watford - Burnley
Sabato 07/04 16:00 Wba - Swansea
Sabato 07/04 18:30 Man City - Man Utd
Domenica 08/04 15:15 Woolwich - Southamp.
Domenica 08/04 17:30 Chelsea - West Ham

I think (in a low voice) to a favorable day for you.

Liverpool will play the derby after the Champions League. They will be very satisfied and tired: they could lose points. The City must beat United otherwise the Premier L. is like a Pirro’s victory (history of the ancient Romans, victory without prestige). West Ham will not give Chelsea anything.

Everything else does not concern you.
I say nothing about Spurs, it's an issue for you. ;-)

Liverpool slows down. United I would have thought defeated. But a good turn for the Spurs

Back
Top Bottom