Stoke (A) - 7th April, 3pm KO. (Whats the biggest shafting we've given Stoke?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You talk crap, I call you out for it. You don't like it, hence I'm a stalker.

Its not my fault that your posts are derisable.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, but I will pull you up when I read a post (at a time of my liking) that gets my goat.
Explain what was crap about the comment then?

We beat Chelsea in a 6 pointer last week in the top 4 battle so YES it would be a waste if a week later we drop points against a team like stoke and give them the chance to close the gap again.

Either you’re as thick as you seem or you know full well I’m saying nothing about the feat of beating Chelsea at Stamford bridge for the first time in 28 years.

Like last week you’re replying to a comment way out of context (this time I think intentionally) after you know we’ve already won the game. But yeah. My comments are crap.

You talk crap, I call you out for it. You don't like it, hence I'm a stalker.

Its not my fault that your posts are derisible.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, but I will pull you up when I read a post (at a time of my liking) that gets my goat.
Oh an thanks for being here to “call me out” as no one else seems to be keeping on top of it.

Funny that.

:llorishowudoin:

Explain what was crap about the comment then?

We beat Chelsea in a 6 pointer last week in the top 4 battle so YES it would be a waste if a week later we drop points against a team like stoke and give them the chance to close the gap again.

Either you’re as thick as you seem or you know full well I’m saying nothing about the feat of beating Chelsea at Stamford bridge for the first time in 28 years.

Like last week you’re replying to a comment way out of context (this time I think intentionally) after you know we’ve already won the game. But yeah. My comments are crap.
Keep digging angry man.

I'll reply to your last "Eriksen is gutless" comment in that other thread in about 36 days. Is that ok with you?

Are our forwards are becoming a bit greedy and not passing the ball and wanting themselves to score?

I want anyone who is in the box to think they should score. You dont win games if you dont shoot, even if some times its the wrong choice (Son v Chelsea....) but even rebounds will often give you something (errr... Son vs Chelsea). The worst thing any goalie has to to do is actually work for something and keep his side in the game. I want greed and hunger. This side has it. But I agree in a way sometimes they should think about passing - but I wouldnt bollock them for going for goal when its on.

I want anyone who is in the box to think they should score. You dont win games if you dont shoot, even if some times its the wrong choice (Son v Chelsea....) but even rebounds will often give you something (errr... Son vs Chelsea). The worst thing any goalie has to to do is actually work for something and keep his side in the game. I want greed and hunger. This side has it. But I agree in a way sometimes they should think about passing - but I wouldnt bollock them for going for goal when its on.

Son's mistake today was not taking it round the keeper rather than not passing in my opinion.

DONT wanna throw aurier under the bus already. But Christ almighty the guy is a ticking bomb on the defence.

In the other hand Sanchez already is making me say “who’s Toby?”

Yes. The guy makes me very nervous. I'll give him another season before I make up my mind, but he appears way too rash and unaware. For now, I don't wanna see him anywhere near the cup game(s) - too important.

We've developed a disconcertingly good ability to see a game out with a one-goal lead to grab all three points - something we never used to be confident of doing. Almost like watching those top-four sides of old grinding results out regardless of performance.
I want my Tottenham back.
:allitongue:

Thinking about the bottom of the table, and how 'up for it' Stoke looked against us considering they're desperate to get out of trouble... I'd rather not have to play another cornered-animal team during the run in.
Looking at our fixtures, I'd say that Brighton and Watford won't be too close to relegation when we play them, and West Brom will already be relegated when we meet (debatable if that's a good or bad thing considering that we got smashed by Newcastle two years ago but smashed Hull last season).

Touch wood, we won't face another team as motivated.

I was really worried about this game, as in the past we would have probably lost one like this, especially after the result last week. Sounds like it was a bit of a struggle, but at this stage, the three points are the be all and end all. We've dropped too many points in the past when we have played teams off the park, so this balances things up a tad.
Suppose we'll be well down the list for MOTD. Can't believe the Manchester derby result, so assume they will spend a lot of the time showing/discussing that game.

I was really worried about this game, as in the past we would have probably lost one like this, especially after the result last week. Sounds like it was a bit of a struggle, but at this stage, the three points are the be all and end all. We've dropped too many points in the past when we have played teams off the park, so this balances things up a tad.
Suppose we'll be well down the list for MOTD. Can't believe the Manchester derby result, so assume they will spend a lot of the time showing/discussing that game.

We’re on 2nd on MOTD.

Was the City result good or bad for us?

On the whole, I think it’s bad for us as they will be focused and motivated to secure the title after getting dumped from the CL on Tuesday. But this is the first serious stretch of adversity they’ve faced this season and if we score first, they may well crack under the pressure. Here’s hoping!

Back
Top Bottom