Stoke City vs Spurs 'Broken Pottery'

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched him in the MLS, if you think Walker has no footballing brain you're in for a shock, mate
Total nonsense. At 21 he is surely far from a finished product. In MLS he was most dangerous attacking right back. Problem was that when he bombed forward he got ZERO help defensively if he got caught upfield. Was constantly criticized for being out of position like he was supposed to be in two places at the same time. He played for a manager who was a Neanderthal tactically.

This is total nonsense. What is your assessment based on? This is the same stuff American fans were saying before the WC and look what happened there.
He doesn't look that technically good to me, just a speedster. Certainly miles away from being a starter. My opinion, I might get proven wrong. There must a reason, despite are right back problems, Poch is not turning to him.

He doesn't look that technically good to me, just a speedster. Certainly miles away from being a starter. My opinion, I might get proven wrong. There must a reason, despite are right back problems, Poch is not turning to him.

Fair comment, but then why have spurs signed him if Poch does not rate him? Only game time for yedlin will show if he can cut it, and since the united game that time has arisen

Re Yedlin.....

"But it's obvious that if he's here, it's because we expect much from him."

Our "Coach" 11 Feb 2015

I stand by my comment yesterday. Good enough for World Cup...yet somehow not good enough to play @ Stoke....alarm bells are ringing

Bought to replace friedel as the token yank in the squad. Just like the team, I officially no longer give a fuck about this season.

You might be onto something... Levy (like Robbie Williams) has one aim in life, and that's to break America!
Stick a Yank in the squad... use UA to make the shirts, and you're part way there!
Yedlin is simply an American 'Toda'!

Ahhhh....so taking more than 5 points means taking all 18?

Sorry stopped reading. Respond to what Ive said or dont bother.
Well you tell me how many points are acceptable from those games? 10? 12? 15? Either way, teams below us are going to take points off us, that is a fact. If not, we're a guaranteed top 4 team and we're not.

I could list 3 or 4 teams that we took more points off than we would expect. Swings and roundabouts. For years we've been looking for the consistency to do well against both bottom teams and those around us.

99% wanted the last manager gone before he'd even picked a team, so that line doesnt really work.
As much as I didn't hate Tim nor hold it against him, I think we have the right to expect a better/more experienced man in charge of a club of our size than Sherwood. We are not the first step in a managers career. We're a top 6 club.

Not sure General Burkinshaw ever managed a club before he stepped up from the ranks...or Bill Nic either for that matter.

Sherwood was ( statistically ) better than our current guy...fact. It matters not who is more popular.

As much as I didn't hate Tim nor hold it against him, I think we have the right to expect a better/more experienced man in charge of a club of our size than Sherwood. We are not the first step in a managers career. We're a top 6 club.

With a man who has 18 months premiership experience at a mid table club (who performing better since he left)? and who finished 14th in La Liga the season before that.

Is that what we deserve?

Sherwood at least knew the club, and the language..... Always it is tough.

Last edited:
45th_min__mason_defend_.0.gif

:pochfacepalm:

With a man who has 18 months premiership experience at a mid table club (who performing better since he left)? and who finished 14th in La Liga the season before that.

Is that what we deserve?

Sherwood at least knew the club, and the language..... Always it is tough.
Maybe not, but your assessment is unfair.

Finishing 8th, giving them their highest ever finish in the Premier League and record points haul after achieving survival following Adkins' sacking is no mean feat and not to be underestimated.
All while playing some of the most attractive football in the league with much of their promoted squad.

Tack on his La Liga experience, and he has a far better CV than Tim.

If we sack Poch, is Ehiogu a reasonable replacement?

Maybe not, but your assessment is unfair.

Finishing 8th, giving them their highest ever finish in the Premier League and record points haul after achieving survival following Adkins' sacking is no mean feat and not to be underestimated.
All while playing some of the most attractive football in the league with much of their promoted squad.

Tack on his La Liga experience, and he has a far better CV than Tim.

If we sack Poch, is Ehiogu a reasonable replacement?
They were 15th when adkins was sacked they finished 14th... Hardly the great escape.

As for La Liga experience? :soldadolol:

Last edited:
They were 15th when adkins was sacked they finished 14th... Hardly the great escape.

So from that you judge his first 6 months and then compare his managerial La Liga career with Soldado's La Liga playing career?

Brilliant. Well done. :harrysmile:

It is worth noting that @ Southampton, under their own internal objective they were aiming for Top 6 under pooch & finished 8th. This season they were seriously aiming for Top 4. They are, as a club, ambitious & striving for the best possible outcomes. Where as Spurs, with a proud History, great training complex & all the tools for success have managed to achieve........oh god:vdvhmm:

It is worth noting that @ Southampton, under their own internal objective they were aiming for Top 6 under pooch & finished 8th. This season they were seriously aiming for Top 4. They are, as a club, ambitious & striving for the best possible outcomes. Where as Spurs, with a proud History, great training complex & all the tools for success have managed to achieve........oh god:vdvhmm:
We are fairly new to this sucessful-academy lark though.

Southampton have been playing the long game (and have an unfair advantage with regards to their catchment area).

Back
Top Bottom