Strikers for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you see our striker situation for next season?

• Adebayor - First Choice

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Adebayor - Squad

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Adebayor - Sell

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Defoe - First Choice

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Defoe - Squad

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • Defoe - Sell

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Kane - First Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kane - Squad

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Kane - Sell

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Obika - First Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obika - Squad

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Obika - Sell

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • Dempsey should be in this poll

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • We need one new first choice striker

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • We need two new first choice strikers

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • We need one new squad striker

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • We need two new squad strikers

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

zin

Supporter
Last year I included people like VDV, Dos Santos and Falque in this list and called it forwards, those kind of players are now in the attacking midfielder/winger poll (Dempsey included). This poll is, judging by AVB's formations talking about the central striker in the team only.

As this is a short list I've included Obika and Kane who got very little game time this season.

If you want anyone loaned out just select squad.

Contract Expiry
Emmanuel Adebayor - 2015 or 2016 (not clear)
Jermain Defoe - 2015
Harry Kane - 2017
Jonathan Obika - 2014

Other professionals
Simon Dawkins
Cameron Lancaster
Souleymane Coulibaly

Last Year's Voting (number of votes - players in red no longer at club)
[1st Choice]
Van der Vaart - 42
Two New Forwards - 28
One New Forward - 26
Adebayor - 22
Saha - 1
Defoe - 1
Dos Santos - 1
Falque - 0

[Squad]
Falque - 32
Defoe - 25
Saha - 23
Dos Santos - 14
One New Forward - 12
Adebayor - 9
Van der Vaart - 3
Two New Forwards - 0

[Sell/Release/Don't Buy]
Dos Santos - 35
Saha - 27
Defoe - 25
Adebayor - 20
Falque - 13
Van der Vaart - 0

[Other]
Van der Vaart - should be used as a right sided midfielder - 7
Falque - should be used as a right sided midfielder - 6
Dos Santos - should be used as a right sided midfielder - 3

A position we seem to be struggling with and hope to finally address. We ended up selling the only person nobody wanted sold and buying Adebayor who a number of people didn't want either. Saha was released although a number of people wanted him to stick around as a squad player and Defoe stayed with opinion split down the middle as to whether he should stay as a squad player or be sold.

Dos Santos was finally sold and Falque was sent out on loan after a couple of good performances for Spurs this season.

I've gone for;

Adebayor (Sell)
Defoe (Sell)
Kane (Squad)
Obika (Sell)
Dempsey should be in this poll
& finally, we need two new first choice strikers.

Im a bit biased to keeping Kane because of relative/family reasons.
He isnt related to me sorry, just to clarify. He is going out with one of my family members.

I've gone for;

Adebayor (Sell)
Defoe (Sell)
Kane (Squad)
Obika (Sell)
Dempsey should be in this poll
& finally, we need two new first choice strikers.

Im a bit biased to keeping Kane because of relative/family reasons.
He isnt related to me sorry, just to clarify. He is going out with one of my family members.

Your Mum?

I think we should sell Defoe or Adebayor and have voted to keep Defoe in the squad as he's more effective off the bench. No qualms either way.

I think we need one striker we're happy to start every league game and one who will start all the Europa League games/early round cup games and bang in enough goals in those competitions to be worthy of a place if we play with two strikers and possibly useful off the bench. Preferably a youngster who can develop and not moan about being benched.

Who are these mystery players? Fucked if I know.

Bring in a good first choice striker, keep Ade, Sell Defoe, get another squad striker, and let Kane go out on loan, but only to a prem club.

Don't want to appear to picky, but feel another option for our U21's should be "Loan". Basicly your saying if they don't make into into the First team they should be sold.

The original post states if you want anyone loaned out just select squad.

The same way Bale was a few years back?
Don't write him off, at this moment in time he many not be great but I'm sure he could be a squad player in a season or two.

Are you seriously comparing Bale and Kane. Have a day off mate.

I have seen plenty of Kane and can tell you now he is not good enough.

Bale always showed some promise but never quite got going until a couple of years back.

I thought I messed up by giving the two new first choice strikers option, seeing as AVB only ever really plays with one, but it seems people would prefer to see two strikers in the first team more than I thought!

My cousins are Leicester fans so I have been to see him a few times at the KP this season, seen him a fair few times for our Reserves as well. Millwall fans that I know were not best impressed by him either.

Back
Top Bottom