Strikers for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you see our striker situation for next season?

• Adebayor - First Choice

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Adebayor - Squad

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Adebayor - Sell

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Defoe - First Choice

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Defoe - Squad

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • Defoe - Sell

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Kane - First Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kane - Squad

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • Kane - Sell

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Obika - First Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obika - Squad

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Obika - Sell

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • Dempsey should be in this poll

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • We need one new first choice striker

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • We need two new first choice strikers

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • We need one new squad striker

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • We need two new squad strikers

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
Are you seriously comparing Bale and Kane. Have a day off mate.

I think he's comparing the situation - NOT the players per se.

Not so long ago many qunts ACTUALLY believed the 'curse' was real and were happy to loan him off to Forest and cut our losses.

Until Kane is given a decent consecutive run games in the PL (not Reserves) - personally I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than potentially falling victim to the NOW society of instant gratification and results

I think he's comparing the situation - NOT the players per se.

Not so long ago many qunts ACTUALLY believed the 'curse' was real and were happy to loan him off to Forest and cut our losses.

Until Kane is given a decent consecutive run games in the PL (not Reserves) - personally I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than potentially falling victim to the NOW society of instant gratification and results

That's not at all what I am doing but from what I have seen of him playing at Championship level, he is not good enough.

I guess only time will tell.

Millwall fans that I know were not best impressed by him either.

Hahah. He only won their young player of the year award and was banging in crucial goals for fun.
They wasnt possibly saying this AFTER he finished his loan stint, and went to Leicester, could it?

My cousins are Leicester fans so I have been to see him a few times at the KP this season

If you know him fairly well, then you'll know he is being played way out of position by their manager to accomodate the masses of egotistical and overpaid strikers.

If we can move Adebayor's contract, I think that would be a wise choice by Levy. Solid at hold-up which he has shown in the past month, but still not nearly good enough from a pure striker perspective and bagging goals.

I would love to keep Defoe if he is cool w/ a reduced role as a Super Sub and spot starts.

Dempsey would be just fine for me as a Squad player, but not ideal for AVB's 4-3-3 and possession-oriented attack.

I think one complete striker is a Must and we all know the names out there who will fit the bill. Really, the last barrier for this club taking that massive step to the next level.

That's not at all what I am doing but from what I have seen of him playing at Championship level, he is not good enough.

I guess only time will tell.

All I'm saying he's still 19 and hasn't even finished his development/formative years yet - not a single coach I know would write off a player that young

Hahah. He only won their young player of the year award and was banging in crucial goals for fun.
They wasnt possibly saying this AFTER he finished his loan stint, and went to Leicester, could it?

If you know him fairly well, then you'll know he is being played way out of position by their manager to accomodate the masses of egotistical and overpaid strikers.

He scored 5 goals at Millwall hardly "Banging them in for fun".

In the games I have seen him at Leicester he has played up top.

We will see what happens but my personal opinion is he is not good enough.

I would join in if this were just for shit n giggle, but as some people seem to be taking this very seriously I see no point in voting as I am not actually qualified to pass judgement.

Especially as:
I have not been to any of the training sessions.
I have not seen their training stats.
I have no knowledge of the psychometric make up or profile.
I do not set the plans for the long term strategy of the club from a performance perspective.
I have no knowledge of our budget.
I have no knowledge of any details within the current contractual arrangements.
I have not seen the scouting network reports.

And perhaps but most importantly I am not a football manager who holds an actual Fifa Pro Licence.

I would join in if this were just for shit n giggle, but as some people seem to be taking this very seriously I see no point in voting as I am not actually qualified to pass judgement.

Especially as:
I do not set the plans for the long term strategy of the club from a performance perspective.

And perhaps but most importantly I am not a football manager who holds an actual Fifa Pro Licence.

Why are you even posting on a football forum then - I bet you haven't managed any professional football sides either or had any caps for England?

He scored 5 goals at Millwall hardly "Banging them in for fun"..

You know he did only join Millwall in January and had to dispossess the current striker of his position before starting matches?

I would say that was a pretty good loan spell and he did bang in "Crucial" goals for millwall.
For example, Portsmouth away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ssy-Kane-Lions-hero-outlook-bleak-Pompey.html

Anyway, this thread is about strikers not just HK.
Lets agree to disagree.

Especially as:

Otherwise ok?

I'd be happy to see us bring in a striker, I'd even go for 2 if one of Ade or Defoe were sold. Both have their positives and negatives....I suppose the one that makes most financial sense would be sold!

Good point that, some Millwall fan I know (not your typical Millwall fan he's a bit of a gimp) was up his arse when he played for them and as soon as he went to Leicester he went on about how shit he was

Otherwise ok?
Oh god yeah. Keep ade and defoe, kane out on loan again to see if makes the grade, same for obika.

But someone somewhere will derive something from that, take themselves waaaaay too seriously and start making comments about 'why are you on a football forum'.

Leading inevitably to me making use of my 'ignore' function as they are not capable of appreciating the nuance of differentiating talking shit and thinking that they could actually manage the team and would have extracted more points this season 'if only they have been in charge'.

Pus Bombay Saphire currently has 20% off, so happy days all round. :dude:

Good point that, some Millwall fan I know (not your typical Millwall fan he's a bit of a gimp) was up his arse when he played for them and as soon as he went to Leicester he went on about how shit he was
My Millwall supporting friend is moderately objective. He was saying at first they didn't warm to them, but he learned to put a shift in and was respected by the fans for what he contributed it grew but he was never going to be first choice after the Jan signing of Keogh. They wanted the loan continued, hence some of the less objective comments I have heard.

Have heard very good things about Adam Smith, but I am sure he probably appears on a comparative discussion about right backs.

Especially as:

What a waste of time reading that was.

Regarding Harry Kane: We won't sell him and the club thinks he can be good enough. That's why he's given a contract that runs into 2017 in contrast to Obika's whose runs out in 2014 while the announcement of their extensions was published on the same day.
We will sell Obika and keep (or loan out) Kane.

Aside from Kane (jury still out), sell the whole lot, noone will end up at a better club which should tell you all you need. None of those listed has the ability and/or the attitude required to be a top 4 striker.

Defoe, 30 and still not getting the offside rule. The odd 25 yard strike against lesser opposition isn't enough to warrant a place in the XI. Sell.

Adebayor, mugged off and with warning as well. Don't let two hot games towards the end of the season kid you. We need rid of this piss taker urgently. Sell.

Obika, been playing at Yeovil for half a decade and is only a year younger than Bale. Face facts. Sell.

Back
Top Bottom