Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to start selling soon so we can put that money towards Soldado. Valencia chairman said they'll negotiate until Aug 3, after that they'll stop. Hopefully we can wrap it up quickly (who am I kidding, he'll sign a new contract next week :roflmao:)

Need to start selling soon so we can put that money towards Soldado. Valencia chairman said they'll negotiate until Aug 3, after that they'll stop. Hopefully we can wrap it up quickly (who am I kidding, he'll sign a new contract next week :roflmao:)

I wouldn't actually sell any of our players to be honest. Maybe a few kids on loan, but I think we need a big squad!

It doesn't make any sense to pay 30 for soldado or one player alone. Benteke is younger and a better fit, in ny opinion, for our system. Benteke has a much greater potential sell on fee. Levy has never spent above, what is it... 17m, 18m? And you expect 30 on a 28 year old?

\
It doesn't make any sense to pay 30 for soldado or one player alone. Benteke is younger and a better fit, in ny opinion, for our system. Benteke has a much greater potential sell on fee. Levy has never spent above, what is it... 17m, 18m? And you expect 30 on a 28 year old?

So you are saying we should sign Benteke?

:gallashmm:

I understand the importance we place on resale value of players, but once or twice you have to sign some immediate talent with no sell-on value, the value is in the ability to get us Champions League football and the associated revenue that comes with it.

I've watched him most weeks at Valencia for the past four years, and he would literally be perfect for us. His determination, movement, eye for goal, heading and general finishing are all exceptional. He also has a bit of fight (Van der Vaart style) which comes in handy in those mucky games where you need a moment of magic. Delivers at crucial times, I can't stress enough how much of a success he would be at Spurs.

One of my favourites:

However, I wouldn't bet on signing him and i'm getting myself into a frenzy for no reason. FUCK YOU, MEDIA. :vdvcry:

Guidetti is class. I don't argue that soldado isn't class, but he just simply isn't a levy buy. We are tottenham Hotspur, we are not real madird, we do not, we can not, afford to pay 30m for one player with zero sell on.

I read that a lot of Soldado's wage is comprised of performance bonuses though so may not be too much of an issue I'd have thought.
Still can't see it happening though.

Maybe we will get a surprise out of the blue, like Mitchu?...this is driving me crazy.

Guidetti is class. I don't argue that soldado isn't class, but he just simply isn't a levy buy. We are tottenham Hotspur, we are not real madird, we do not, we can not, afford to pay 30m for one player with zero sell on.
It makes sense if it can give our chances of CL a huge boost. If Levy, Lewis, whoever, think that buying him will give us the team that can qualify for the CL consistently, then they could make up those funds in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom