Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
fQK5Sdw.gif
200.gif

Think he's more of an outside forward. Seems like that's how he played in the Bundesliga, at least -- and I'm more inclined to believe club positioning over country, as more often than not country is literally just determined by talent more than whether or not someone actually fits the position they plan in. Cahill always played striker for Australia, but iirc he was always more of an AM/CM in the league?
Really depends whether you are playing 442 or 433 etc.. But im sure we are dier the destroyer getting a red away from having mason bentaleb back. Something that terrifies me to my core

Really depends whether you are playing 442 or 433 etc.. But im sure we are dier the destroyer getting a red away from having mason bentaleb back. Something that terrifies me to my core

No one currently on our squad is an ideal CF in any formation in the premier league.

And for the record, I agree -- we need a CDM. Really, the Bentaleb/Mason issue is the same exact one we're facing at striker right now.

Hence the reason I think Daniel Levy is a fucking jackass.

I've heard some ITK that we're signing some Dutch chap. Not sure of his position but Levy is a massive fan. No details apart from his name.

Net Spenje.

I'll get my own ticket to dignitas thanks.

I've heard some ITK that we're signing some Dutch chap. Not sure of his position but Levy is a massive fan. No details apart from his name.

Net Spenje.

I'll get my own ticket to dignitas thanks.
if that joke is anything to go by, im not certain you are capable of shitting your own pants without any assistance, let alone buying a ticket

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: 3:15pm

Wanyama is not happening, Adebayor and Lennon almost certainly won't be going to the hammers they want them at cheap rates on loans Levy won't deal, Looks like Villa our only hope of off loading.

Was told that Son won't be last in as I've said before one more bid will go in for Beriniho and CM still on.

Two things to remember one is that signings like Son and any others that we might bring in are not done that quickly without a lot of homework and behind the scenes work been done. Secondly the international break does complicate things sometimes so expect most deals in and outside to be sorted by end of day but possible announcements tomorrow.

Alderweireld was a great signing.

I've never seen Trippier play (aside from pre-season), so tbh all this "Trippier is better" talk just seems trendy to me. Walker is a huge talent that's been crippled by injuries in the past but is currently playing pretty well.

It kills me when people say that. Given that service to Kane has been an issue it might not be a bad idea to play Trippier right now, but that doesn't mean that he's better than Walker. So many people fail to understand that certain people do better in certain systems. Right now Walker isn't doing remarkably well in this system, but there's no way I'll concede that Trippier is a better all around player.

Walker was a phenomenon when he had his breakthrough season and had each and every one of us dreaming of what could be. He hasn't been able to follow through on that potential IMO. A lack of a credible contest for his position and a run of poor injuries have really affected him, but he looks a liability to me every time we play.

Player v Player he probably excels in each aspect against Trippier, but the lad created loads of chances for Burnley; and that's something we could surely benefit from. And if nothing else, it might make Walker up his game.

Who: The Goat
When: 31st August

From a new source, so applicable salt etc etc, but The Goat hears that there is interest in Javi Martinez from Bayern. No details on the outcome, such as wether the enquiry was rejected or otherwise, just that the question was asked.

From a more regular source The Goat hears one last push for Berahino. We're hoping we get up to 3 in but other than Berahino no names were mentioned. Also that it now looks like Adebayor, despite big efforts by the club, is happy to sit around doing nothing although something very late on hasn't been completely ruled out.

Walker was a phenomenon when he had his breakthrough season and had each and every one of us dreaming of what could be. He hasn't been able to follow through on that potential IMO. A lack of a credible contest for his position and a run of poor injuries have really affected him, but he looks a liability to me every time we play.

Player v Player he probably excels in each aspect against Trippier, but the lad created loads of chances for Burnley; and that's something we could surely benefit from. And if nothing else, it might make Walker up his game.

If I remember right Trippier created the most chances in the league or had the the most amount of accurate crosses?

Who: The Goat
When: 31st August

From a new source, so applicable salt etc etc, but The Goat hears that there is interest in Javi Martinez from Bayern. No details on the outcome, such as wether the enquiry was rejected or otherwise, just that the question was asked.

From a more regular source The Goat hears one last push for Berahino. We're hoping we get up to 3 in but other than Berahino no names were mentioned. Also that it now looks like Adebayor, despite big efforts by the club, is happy to sit around doing nothing although something very late on hasn't been completely ruled out.

3n3i6.gif

If I remember right Trippier created the most chances in the league or had the the most amount of accurate crosses?

Can't remember if it was accurate crosses or just most crosses. It wasn't most chances created though.

Trippier should definitely get a run out against Sunderland though. Son could easily start that one too with N'Jie on the bench maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom