Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
leverkusen fan was on here saying that Son is not the strongest in holding off defenders and never played as CF (they have Kiessling)

N'Jie has always been a wide forward and just look at the lad he isn't built to play centrally he's skinny as shit

Chadli was always an attacking midfielder or wide forward at twente and with us

So please some of you that are saying they can play there back it up with something.

I think it will -- another Ben Davies effect. Force an obviously talented Walker to up his game.

Naughton is pony and everyone except Yedlin could see that Yedlin was never going to get a game, so having an actual alternative is surely going to either have an effect or force him out of the team. He hasn't exactly been on top form so far though...

It kills me when people say that. Given that service to Kane has been an issue it might not be a bad idea to play Trippier right now, but that doesn't mean that he's better than Walker. So many people fail to understand that certain people do better in certain systems. Right now Walker isn't doing remarkably well in this system, but there's no way I'll concede that Trippier is a better all around player.
He gets a lot more crosses in than Walker. I think that's why people say that. I don't think anyone is failing to understand anything - Kane is an excellent header of the ball - it makes sense to get more crosses in to him.

Deadline Day: [refresh][refresh][refresh][refresh] fuck, god dammit [refresh][refresh][refresh][refresh][refresh][refresh]

SmdbR1C.gif

One of two groups of Son smileys. Admin Admin

1. I call it :sonyoudontsay:
ZUjEWp5.png
ZUjEWp5.png
ZUjEWp5.png
ZUjEWp5.png
ZUjEWp5.png
ZUjEWp5.png

Use it when someone speaks teh obvious

2. :sonnotagain:
0iSvaNF.png
0iSvaNF.png
0iSvaNF.png
0iSvaNF.png
0iSvaNF.png
0iSvaNF.png

Used when sammy starts an argument again (no offence)

3. LAstly, :sonrage:
V0Xe2qC.png
V0Xe2qC.png
V0Xe2qC.png
V0Xe2qC.png
V0Xe2qC.png
V0Xe2qC.png

Used 24/7 by TFC Melts and when we lose on a rainy day away at Stoke. I'll make about 2 or 3 more later.

up teh spurs

He gets a lot more crosses in than Walker. I think that's why people say that. I don't think anyone is failing to understand anything - Kane is an excellent header of the ball - it makes sense to get more crosses in to him.

No, I've had countless people tweet me saying things along the lines of: Walker really isn't very good at all.

No, I've had countless people tweet me saying things along the lines of: Walker really isn't very good at all.
Well that's as maybe, but there is a very good case for starting with Trippier for the reason I stated. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you will never concede that Walker is inferior to Trippier - his crossing is vastly superior. Why so dogmatic?

Walker was a phenomenon when he had his breakthrough season and had each and every one of us dreaming of what could be. He hasn't been able to follow through on that potential IMO. A lack of a credible contest for his position and a run of poor injuries have really affected him, but he looks a liability to me every time we play.

Player v Player he probably excels in each aspect against Trippier, but the lad created loads of chances for Burnley; and that's something we could surely benefit from. And if nothing else, it might make Walker up his game.

With Dembele out, I think both should play. Trippier had a dozen league assists in one season. Last season he had more assists in the prem than our wingers. He also had some of the top crossing stats in the prem last season.

I think Poch is missing a trick not playing Rose and Trippier as wingers.

leverkusen fan was on here saying that Son is not the strongest in holding off defenders and never played as CF (they have Kiessling)

N'Jie has always been a wide forward and just look at the lad he isn't built to play centrally he's skinny as shit

Chadli was always an attacking midfielder or wide forward at twente and with us

So please some of you that are saying they can play there back it up with something.
Son has played as a striker for Korea, N'Jie was used as a second striker behind Lacazette, although he was more often a wide forward, and Chadli has been used as a second striker by us in a 4-4-2 this year, for parts of matches, and was also asked to play as striker in a friendly, which is not the largest amount of evidence. The point being more that Pochettino has an idea of these guys as being versatile, and that he values that. He also has said that he wants another striker, but that he doesn't know if he can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom