Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayoze Perez is decent but not £15mil decent
Edit- especially if we can get Pato for almost half the price
Not meaning to have a go at you, but United just spent something like 80 million Euros on an unproven kid from France. Paulinho went for 10 million pounds. Player valuations are crazy. But they are what they are. TV money has clearly inflated prices. None of us know what players are worth anymore, but we can be sure it's more than we think.

If our next signing isn't announced with a picture of himself on a step ladder looking happy, with Poch adrift in height looking up at him in wonderment how tall he is in this mini step ladder situation then I'm going to spam the Fuck out of Spurs official to show my displeasure:llorisserious:

This window is turning out to be fucking insane. Martial, Sterling, & De Bruyne all for unbelievably inflated prices. I understood the insane sums last summer. Any year after a World Cup there are inflated prices, but this? This is just straight up retarded. The biggest clubs in Europe are going to just ruin all the promising talent in the world. They'll all get huge heads, think they're the best thing in the world and fizzle out by 26 years old. We've been on this path for some time now, look at Rooney. 30 and probably done. Remember when AC Milan finished unbeaten in '92? Marco van Basten lead the league in goals and was 32. I feel like things like that are just going to be a thing of distant memory soon.

why would u even include ade when we know poch will never pick him.
I have no idea what Poch will do, I am barely able to predict what I will do from one day to the next, yet alone predict what some little Argey fella will do. I am pretty sure Levy has an entry on a spreadsheet somewhere, reading something like - "cunt - striker - 100k a week"

This window is turning out to be fucking insane. Martial, Sterling, & De Bruyne all for unbelievably inflated prices. I understood the insane sums last summer. Any year after a World Cup there are inflated prices, but this? This is just straight up retarded. The biggest clubs in Europe are going to just ruin all the promising talent in the world. They'll all get huge heads, think they're the best thing in the world and fizzle out by 26 years old. We've been on this path for some time now, look at Rooney. 30 and probably done. Remember when AC Milan finished unbeaten in '92? Marco van Basten lead the league in goals and was 32. I feel like things like that are just going to be a thing of distant memory soon.
Van basten was 28 - I think he'd retired way before he made it to 31/32

We'll see if this is still the sentiment when Kane breaks down in December from being the only CF on the team.
If we can't sign somebody who fits our style and philosophy, let's sign anyone as long as we have two CF's.
It doesn't matter if they don't fit our system. We can always try to sell them next year, that's if they want to leave.
Haven't we done that before?
Just because Austin scored for QPR, doesn't mean he'll do it for us. We don't play the same way.
Like I said, sometimes you cannot get what you want for no fault of you own. It doesn't mean you have to buy just for the sake of it.
We need more goal scorers throughout the team. Just not 2 CF's, one who will not play every game.

Levy obviously has his good moments, but there is a good amount of truth in this statement.
( ... Though nonetheless, I wouldn't still call us badly run, per se.)

Said it before and I'll say it again, if we got rid of Levy I would love Huw Jenkins from Swansea. Always buys good players for cheap money without any fuss and has created a club that is greater than the sum of its parts and plays good football.

Levy crying at this moment thinking that could have been him selling Martial for that

crying-waterfalls.gif

Said it before and I'll say it again, if we got rid of Levy I would love Huw Jenkins from Swansea. Always buys good players for cheap money without any fuss and has created a club that is greater than the sum of its parts and plays good football.

You can't just drop a chairman like you can a manager. Sorry mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom