Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finish the window with the following pieces of business being done.

IN:

Heung-Min Son – Bayer Leverkusen, £18m
Clinton N'Jie – Lyon, £12m
Toby Alderweireld – Atletico Madrid, £11.5m
Kevin Wimmer – Cologne, £4.3m
Kieran Trippier – Burnley, £3.5m

Total = £49.3m

OUT:

Roberto Soldado - Villarreal, £10m
Paulinho – Guangzhou Evergrande, £9.8m
Benjamin Stambouli – PSG, £6m
Etienne Capoue – Watford, £6m
Lewis Holtby – Hamburg, £4.55m
Vlad Chiriches - Napoli, £4.5m
Younes Kaboul - Sunderland, £3m
Ryan Fredericks - Bristol City, £0.18m
DeAndre Yedlin - Sunderland, Loan
Jordan Archer – Millwall, Free
Cristian Ceballos – Released
Bongani Khumalo – Released
Grant Ward – Rotherham, Loan
Alexander McQueen – Carlisle, Free
Cristian Ceballos – Charlton, Loan
Grant Hall - QPR, Undisclosed
Nathan Oduwa - Rangers, Loan
Dominic Ball - Rangers, Loan
Shaq Coulthirst - Wigan, Loan

Total = £44.03m

NET SPEND = £5.27m

Can't take anymore of this depression. What a fucking debacle

im-out-of-here-gif.gif
tumblr_nc02k76cV91suodz7o1_400.gif

IN:

Total = £49.3m

OUT:

Total = £44.03m

NET SPEND = £5.27m

Didn't Lennon get done?

IN:

Total = £49.3m

OUT:

Total = £44.03m

NET SPEND = £5.27m

Lennon could add £4.5mil too.

Could be a 750k net spend. Levy has gone big this time.

People confuse being right with wanting to be right. Trust me, I wish I would have been wrong and we'd have signed Berahino or even Austin. I don't take any pleasure in it.

This is Spurs. Take the worst possible scenario, multiply it by ten and you have reality. We've needed a striker for 4 years now and the only time we buy one he loses all his confidence and leaves for a loss. Isn't hard to predict that we would mess up, yet again.

You think we'll sign a striker in January and fix this problem? No, we won't. Again, I don't take pleasure in it but that's the reality. No point having a tantrum at me for correctly predicting something I hoped wouldn't happen.

HAHAHA look below what I just found! 9th fucking august, you lying piece of shit!
Gooner troll maggot cunt.
Done! Get the fuck out of here.

I think that's a slight exaggeration. The squad is very flexible.
I'm not going to get into the whole 'IF we don't sign a striker, IF Kane gets injured, IF it's 6-8 weeks' point because when you use that many 'ifs' anything in the world seems apocalyptic. We will sign a striker and that's the end of that.

Unless I'm missing something we still have Adebayor, N'Jie and Son who can play as central strikers even if they're not ideal from either a personal (Ade) or positional (N'Jie / Son) sense.

As mentioned by others, playing an out of position Son or Chadli is going to burn out our midfield options. Son and Chadli should be our starting AM's in important matches, if they are getting run down in Capital One, Europa, or FA cups playing the lone striker role then they will be unable to perform to their best in important matches. It's a case of squad depth, even without Berahino a recognised striker surely had to be signed. And I'm not even going to mention Adebayor, Poch is too stubborn to ever let him back into the starting 11.

West Brom just released this statement:

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Link: http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

IN:

Total = £49.3m

OUT:

Total = £44.03m

NET SPEND = £5.27m

Double posts.

Double posts everywhere.
I am actually seriously considering cancelling my membership. I feel abused, let down and humiliated. The club I love, which charges me the second highest match for match prices in world football, has taken me for a fucking mug. This might seem like an over reaction, it probably is. But if I had any lingering doubts that I was wrong in my previous misgivings about Daniel Levy and his motives, they`ve well and truly been put to bed now. Fuck you Levy.

Errr sorry to shit on your already piss sodden chips mate but game for game were the highest in the world. Scum offer more games for their season tickets.

FYI, currently sitting at -9.5m net spend this summer (as we speak) if all transfer fees are to be believed.

Cheers
I dont get this whole Berahino-or-bust talk.

Even if we sign him we are still an unbalanced squad with loads of questionmarks and a lack of real quality.

Couldn't agree more, if we signed him we are still lacking, won't fix all our issues.
Let's hope we don't get any serious injuries and/or another rise of a youth player....

We got rid of capoue, Paunho and Soldado as they were shit. Mostly everyone agreed with that.
Everyone agreed, mostly, that Fazio was not working. Most people though Lamela was shit Everyone agreed that we needed a CB, a RB, AML for back up to Chadli , AMR as Lamela was not cutting it and an DM.
we all wanted the dead wood gone.

Unfortunately most people are stupid. Most of those players, including Stambouli, are plenty good enough but we failed to get the best out of them in the unconventional tactics Poch prefers.

Totally agree on your points about ENIC though. Objectively, given the emergence of oil money in football, we've been remarkably successful. Shame it hasn't translated into more trophies.

It's not about goalscoring. It's about fulfilling the entire role of the number 9 role in Poch's system. Hold up play, headers, chasing the ball, making runs in behind, etc etc. Someone is going to have to play out of position for 90 minutes on a weekly basis to do those things, and that will have a ripple effect throughout the squad.
Pochettino's 9 is more of a false one though. Doesn't seem to want much hold up play, more drag the back line out of shape for the midfielder/wide forward to run into.

Berahino would have been nice, but Peace didn't want to do a deal. Wanyama and Witsel similarly.

We've got what we've got and will just have to live with it.

I still like what we have, and think we'll look a lot better with Son and N'Jie to give us more pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom