Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear Neil Warnock on the radio saying he things Palace have a better starting line up than us?

Don't make him wrong tbh along with West Ham and now probably Everton, and Swansea.

Will everyone agree that if we finish no better than 10th Levy and ENIC have to get out as they would of failed.

Or will everyone be content with a new stadium that has taken to date 8 years and the result as of today is new drawings and hole in the ground

My question is when after another enormous cluster fuck of a transfer window when are people going to lose patience?!

Sometime the apathy from spurs fans astounds me when we pay per game the highest prices in the country to watch our team play.

Mugs the lot of us

Will be taking a break from the forum. I'm getting way too emotional about this, been in a piss poor mood since about 5 pm today. Good luck Kane is all I can say.

West Brom just released this statement:

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Link: http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
Is Levy stupid

I think this the window where Levy/ENIC finally lost the (rest of) the crowd.
I know protests are already being planned although it is FB so will prob come to nothing.

Lucky for the club the game vs Qarabag is part of the ST.

Really thought we'd sign a striker and I'm a bit disappointed but I'm not gonna melt. Son, njie, alderweireld, and co make for a very solid window overall and I'm still hopeful for this season.

We'll look like shit every minute Kane isn't on the pitch.

I fear this may be the case. We've basically decided to be uncompetitive until January (and even then its not a given we will get anyone in).

If i was Hugo Lloris id be thinking "why the fuck am i captain of a team which has one striker?"

Anyone hear Neil Warnock on the radio saying he things Palace have a better starting line up than us?

Don't make him wrong tbh along with West Ham and now probably Everton, and Swansea.

Will everyone agree that if we finish no better than 10th Levy and ENIC have to get out as they would of failed.

Or will everyone be content with a new stadium that has taken to date 8 years and the result as of today is new drawings and hole in the ground

My question is when after another enormous cluster fuck of a transfer window when are people going to lose patience?!

Sometime the apathy from spurs fans astounds me when we pay per game the highest prices in the country to watch our team play.

Mugs the lot of us

Don't worry there will be some poster on this forum here to patronise you and say it's all a long term plan, we have (or had the 5th highest wage bill) so 5th is all we can expect, we are piss poor broke and need all the money we get get even if our owner is a billionaire so that's why our ticket prices are so stupidly high, blah blah blah.

I think it's plainly obvious to anyone not In a total state of denial that we are a business first and a football club not even second. We will have a big stadium but no ambition, kind of like Newcastle. Daniel Levy, Mike Ashley same bollox.

You ain't a fan you are a customer.

West Brom just released this statement:

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Link: http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
Sorry but I don't buy this guys attempts to paint us as the bad guys.

We didn't make any of the proceedings public. THEY were the ones that publicised everything which put a great big spotlight on Berahino and his potential move.

They wanted too much for a player that is unproven. If we bid reportedly 20 odd million then that was more than a reasonable amount for him.

Personally I think Levy should have stumped up the cash and bought him for whatever they were asking (within reason) but in terms of our conduct being brought into disrepute that is bollocks.

Peace is talking as if we've done what UTD do when they have their players come out and make public comments about the target being "welcome with open arms" etc.

I don't believe Poch has mentioned Berahino once this window. He's simply said "we have our target".

SSN just confiming our final bid was 22.5m.

And all this sob story about "not having time to get in a replacement" is pathetic. We all know they already got their replacements in.

This has backfired on them as much as anyone.

Bazali Bazali therealITK Please explain to me how Poch is at fault for this, I'm very interested

Simple he was brought in to do Levy's bidding, not make a fuss if and when Levy fucked him over
and to roll over to have his tummy tickled from time to time provided he learned Engrish ( he's nearly there!)

So now after this transfer window Levy has royally fucked him and us fans over!

So Pooch comes out with "he's happy with the squad!"

One forward and one DM who is really a defender for 4 competitions plus internationals!

You couldn't make it up!

The only thing Poch could do now to gain an iota of respect would be to resign saying due to Levy, his position is untenable, which it is!

He won't though so come December when we're still roughly in our present league position and Levy thinks our value could go down he'll get the boot and we'll have to start all over again!

Have you seen Groundhog Day ?

You obviously think all is well so please refer back to my previous comments regarding bacon!

:pochbye:

...He didn't get his transfer. Boo hoo. The bigger issue is that Levy fucked about playing games with them knowing all his eggs were in one basket. He should have paid the asking price rather than dicking around thinking that if he flexed his muscles (lol) on deadline day, Peace would roll over for him.

How do you know this?

How do you know Levy didn't already have a price agreed in principle only for Peace to ask for more at the end?

How do you know that Levy didn't up then offer more than was agreed in his 4th and final offer, only for Peace to remain stubborn and still refuse to sell?

Have you ever tried to buy something off someone who doesn't want to sell, even if they said they would sell to you?

How unprofessional is this ginger cunt outside WBAs ground!? Every time they go to him he's making comments to the effect of "Berahino has chucked his toys out the pram" and "he's spoilt".

So Spurs have ended the transfer window with one recognized striker whose badly out of form and looks like he needs a rest. With the other one having burnt all their bridges at the club and is seemingly due to sit around the house in their pants, collecting a hundred grand a week till the end of the season

And no defensive midfield players because we've sold them all and failed to replace them.

But at the same time we now have a squad containing five centre backs and ten attacking midfield players.

Finally the myth that Daniel Levy is a maestro in the transfer market can come to an end.

Not happy

Levy/ENIC out

Say what you like about Ade, he's painted as the devil no matter what. Poch froze far more than him out because he can't manage egos. Could do with him on his game now that's for sure, how's your pride and stubbornness (we know that already) and your man management Señor?

As well as them being very cheap, that's also why we have all kids at the club people, he cannot coach or manage proven players. Our manager is inexperienced and young, same as most of our squad. Absolute shambles and ripping us off to build their ultimate asset swelling jewel; the stadium. ENIC already have £500m worth for their £30m investment, it'll be closer to £1bn when it's done and then they're off. Dig deep all, we have a lot of forking out to do yet to make their billionaire dreams a reality....pay up like good little boys and girls. Oh, we already have haven't we; memberships and season tickets paid for, shirts bought, Sky and BT contracts signed. Enjoy the shit we'll get while all those being paid £ks per week are learning on the job.

Like everybody I'll keep watching MY (supposedly) club but be told to fuck off to Chelski or City by twats that think it's wrong to speak up about this fucking shite show.

I'm fuming that we have not been prepared to recognise that if we can't compete for Martial, Beharino, Depay etc that we need to be in for Song, Shaqiri, Austin, Ayew, Moses, Payet (or equivalents). They are not too shit for us, you are being fed that wank by the people that want to pay Pritchard, Winks, Alli £10k a week and cheap or no fees involved. It's not a fucking footballing philosophy it's a financial one!

Let's see what happens hey, I want to be saying how wrong I was ASAP when we're flying and it's all come together but really can't see how. What can Poch do differently when we're in the situation we were in against Stoke??? Hope that Son or N'Jie can fill in is all. Well I hope they've been identified by the black box as strikers in disguise, we're not fucking Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom