Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great day to be a Spurs supporter! We look sorted at the back now. Think we could expect a few more in and out but a great start to the summer. Still haven't heard a proper link to a striker which I still think is our biggest need. Kane is GOD but we need some cover (and finally rid of Soldado which amazingly looks like we may get a decent fee)

Found our next target...

The Daily Mirror reports that Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela has turned down a move to West Ham. Woolwich rejected the chance to re-sign the Mexican for just £3.5 million last year.

39400-Val-Kilmer-you-may-go-now-gif-Etao.gif

Even more reason why I'm happy Alderweireld chose the bigger club..

From saints web

"Ultimately Spurs just threw more money at him, that is the reason he joined them nothing else.

We'll still easily compete with them IMO in the also ran sections because they are a shoddily run club much like Liverpool, they flit from one plan to another, one player to another, one manager to another with no real idea what they are doing. I mean had it not been for them fluking Harry Kane last year they would have been bottom half, I mean credit for giving the guy ago but they only did because all their expensive signings where useless and couldn't score.

I mean if little old Southampton can challenge in the top 4 of probably a third of the budget Liverpool and Spurs operate on how come those clubs can't maximise their resources? That is the question those clubs should be asking not trying to copy everything Saints do.

So Toby is a loss and I'd like to think we could have wrapped this up earlier in the season but we don;t know the full details, but I trust our set up to find an equally as good replacement.

As for Spurs I don't really thinks this strengthens them much, they have got more worries in their team than centre-back they were decently stocked there anyway and as far as I saw pretty decent defensively, yet I don't see any fixing of their over reliance on Kane and Eriksen for goals. What if Kane turns out to be another one season wonder a la Beattie or Francis Jeffers?

We'll still be there and there abouts and I reckon despite all their millions and trying to poach everything we do we'll still worry Liverpool and Spurs all season."

No you deluded wanker!!! He chose spurs because they are a " big" club. Southampton are to small fry for him and they are not on his level where as Spurs are. Can't wait for these mugs to be bought back down to earth when they eventually get relegated again.

Felt very sorry for him ( Bobby Soldier) . Not much thought was given to his loss of a child whilst suffering a barren spell due to lack of service.
Unfortunately, he then got so unsettled when he did get chances, he fluffed them.
He did have an awful lot of bad luck though.
I would think it best for him to move on, for his sake.
Seems like a genuine bloke I really wish it would have worked out for him.
He's well liked by everyone at the club & by most of us. Could have been a fucking super hero with goals!

From saints web

"Ultimately Spurs just threw more money at him, that is the reason he joined them nothing else.

We'll still easily compete with them IMO in the also ran sections because they are a shoddily run club much like Liverpool, they flit from one plan to another, one player to another, one manager to another with no real idea what they are doing. I mean had it not been for them fluking Harry Kane last year they would have been bottom half, I mean credit for giving the guy ago but they only did because all their expensive signings where useless and couldn't score.

I mean if little old Southampton can challenge in the top 4 of probably a third of the budget Liverpool and Spurs operate on how come those clubs can't maximise their resources? That is the question those clubs should be asking not trying to copy everything Saints do.

So Toby is a loss and I'd like to think we could have wrapped this up earlier in the season but we don;t know the full details, but I trust our set up to find an equally as good replacement.

As for Spurs I don't really thinks this strengthens them much, they have got more worries in their team than centre-back they were decently stocked there anyway and as far as I saw pretty decent defensively, yet I don't see any fixing of their over reliance on Kane and Eriksen for goals. What if Kane turns out to be another one season wonder a la Beattie or Francis Jeffers?

We'll still be there and there abouts and I reckon despite all their millions and trying to poach everything we do we'll still worry Liverpool and Spurs all season."

No you deluded wanker!!! He chose spurs because they are a " big" club. Southampton are to small fry for him and they are not on his level where as Spurs are. Can't wait for these mugs to be bought back down to earth when they eventually get relegated again.

No disrespect, but this guy is a madman. I think they are in the same place as Swansea. They are a really good club though, you should really give them that. But some of their fans seems to have the same awareness as City, Utd and Chelsea.
Anyway, really happy for Toby, top lad:harryhmm:

From saints web

"As far as I saw pretty decent defensively"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom