Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moses is not shit. But he has drifted. Chelsea was a step too soon for him and the loans at the bin dippers and Stoke ( fuck me Stoke ! ) added little. But he's only 24 has a lot of club and international experience and is able to contribute as a winger or a supporting forward, although don't expect a lot of goals. If he's "Levy cheap"'I can see this happening & moving on Andros for more than Moses cost.....typical penny pinching.

I wonder though if he would want to swap a bench at Chelsea for a bench at Spurs as I don't see him starting at either club. And will him improve us ? No. Probably not, more like for like but cheaper.

So if he was on twitter dressed as Bruce Lee kung fu kicking and slagging off Woolwich he should have been given a fair chance?

I think people give a shit because our midfield is a weak link, and so far, we seem to be are running out of both targets and cover.

How did you conclude that from what I said. I don't think being a likeable cult hero/novelty act gets you a chance in the first team! But it can endear you to fans who then get upset you're leaving. Stambouli didn't even have that so not sure why people care he's going. Him and Capoue hardly played last year so dropping those two and buying one new guy in who will challenge/replace mason is good business.

(As long as that's what actually happens!)

Yes, he's given a lot of young players their chance and made them excel, but it's not like he only played youngsters. There's a difference between not being able to coach an experienced player, and determining that the player's skill set and/or attitude to training is not at the required standard. We only have what's coming out in rumours from the club, but do you really believe Poch not being able to coach Kaboul, Vlad, Capoue, Paulinho and Ade being more likely than what's being said, ie. that their attitude was shit?

As for Soton doing better. As I understand it, Poch tries to instill his approach all the way through the club, to youth teams etc. A lot of Poch's working ethos would still have been around the squad and club. Unless your name is Moyes, it's hard to fuck up that much hard work in a season.....

Your list is the dross for sure but there must be loads of bad-eggs among today's footballers, let's face it. Sherwood got a good tune from Ade by the way.

Dembele, Soldado, Lennon (who most deem as having ideal work rate for Poch's way), Walker (although injured a lot was poor).

We'll see what happens but I'm waiting to see an over 25, established footballer thrive due to Poch's influence and deployment.

If he can get all 'kids' to thrive and push the top 4 and a trophy ASAP, in line with a steady end-result last season then who cares anyway.

It's been a while since we sent a group of players to Sunderland, round up Kaboul, Chiriches and Adebayor and let's do a package deal like we did Steed, Tainio and Chimbonda (i think)

Low risk punt like Holtby - what did we pay, £4m? Bought at a time before the manager had the clubs complete backing. He had chances, he didn't take them; we cut our losses and move on. What you call stupidity is a business model that so far as served those with a monetary interest in the club well. Obviously that's their prerogative and not high on us, the fans' lists of priorities, but as we're not mega-rich it's a strategy we employ. If it works we get to brag about our unearthed gem, if it doesn't, a minority still have hope while he's called a flop by others and, in this case, we almost (taking wages/signing on fee into account) make our money back.

It's certainly not a fiasco, we put a fiver on black but it landed on red, it's a shame but nothing worth getting upset about.
Fair comments Will. I'm still not happy about the situation, but I appreciate the logic in what you say.

Fair enough about Espanyol, wasn't great there when he left though. Southampton sold their best and have done better!

Yes he gives them a chance, fair play.

Still not sure he can coach experience though.

Rose - young and was gash previously and still error prone until New Year.

Chadli - horribly interrupted season last year, year two much better until again his personal loss interfered.

Lamela - young too but, more to the point, how the fuck could he be worse? Still way off the player we paid for and is he really going to be Poch's success just because he finally looks worth half his fee in year 3?
i understand your points there kinda week examples but its all we have really considering our squad is young and our senior players seem to be bang average apart from verts lloris dembele is just dembele dont really know what poch could do with him so much ability but flatters to deceive. to coach exprience is completely diferent, experienced players don't really get coached a lot of time they have their own game they learnt and just have to adapt some can n some can't

Fair dos Greavsie. Respect your opinion but I'll hang tough in judging Pochettino when he gets the players in he wants to work in his system. If that happens this season then I feel it's great we have a manager who's able to assert himself over Levy rather than the smelling a bit dodgy free transfers of Saha etc we got with Redknapp and the obvious bargain bin additions AVB had to make do with. I'm not saying either were great football tacticians (in the first instance) or had a great style of play (in AVB) but I'd like to see Pochettino either fail or succeed on his own terms. We've made the mistake of not backing the manager more than once. When Levy was happy with Redknapp and signed VDV as a goodwill gesture the joy and success it brought us made my heart go through the roof. I'd love to see a bit more of that. I think Stambouli is a decent player. Capoue too but what goes on in training or between the staff and players is anyone's guess really.
Fair comments Mitts, we'll see how it goes with Poch this season.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 15/7/2015

Keep hearing the couple expecially that is been worked upon (DM and striker) if it comes off we will be excited. No big mega money, but huge coups on talent alone. McCarthy we were never going to pay over or near 20m for him, (but interest is there)with his injury record. Loads of agents pushing and leaking to media names we have been offered but not remotely interested in, whilst others we may have an interest, but won't be used as an auction start price to get biggest offer for their player.

Regardless of what anyone is saying Rabiot's team want us to pursue. As I said before we only want a permanent deal, and if a loan option in our favour to buy at end of loan at a set price now. Expect another Belgian in the forward department is a strong possibility, and not the one from Everton (Mi'rls). Daniel is a very shrewd operator, and management in tandem with what is going on. This is what I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom