Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaboul was a very good player for us in some seasons. He's shite now, but i still respect the guy. All the best to him in Sunderland :adesalute::kaboul:

kaboul2.gif

Kaboul's best game for us was at the scumirates last season. Single handedly kept them out for ages until a lucky miskick by 'dat guy welbz' gave chamber pot an open goal to aim at.
No idea how we went to utter cack after that.

i understand your points there kinda week examples but its all we have really considering our squad is young and our senior players seem to be bang average apart from verts lloris dembele is just dembele dont really know what poch could do with him so much ability but flatters to deceive. to coach exprience is completely diferent, experienced players don't really get coached a lot of time they have their own game they learnt and just have to adapt some can n some can't

Yeah I'm not arguing for the sake of it, I see what you mean too. I'm also not Poch bashing but, I have been blunt and objective about the question marks he raised last year and the un-knowns that still surround him for quite a while.

I guess at worse if we penny-pinch and don't spend much net as usual and he bombs this season and has to go then we haven't wasted a load of money but, seems to be we're always in that place. Giving him what he wants as much as possible leaves no room to hide. I truly believe that if he's here because he really improves the youngsters that much and will make us play better consistently but, then we put in a lot of regular poor showings like last year, his methods would have to be questioned.

We'll have a core of a team/squad that's been under him for a year so, if still not getting it or gelling with the hand-picked, suitable additions to the system pretty quickly and more often than not then something is very very wrong.

Kaboul is responsible for one the great moments of the past few years with that winner but he became a liability. Good luck and all that but off you pop, and don't score against us.

Ta ta.

I'm not sure how good Benteke actually is...
Yes, he was brilliant in his first season but then he got injured and hasn't been the same since.

I think when healthy he's very good goal scorer and premier league proven. He carried Villa out of relegation last season. Injuries are a concern, but Sturridge and Benteke would work very well up top for Pool.

Judging by how awesome Benteke was against us, i think there's a superb player in there. I just worry about how well he will cope with the stress. He's a very timid, nice guy and in top level football that's not a gift.

And the he's only had one decent season is bollocks too, took him a while to regain his fitness levels but then he just dragged Aston Villa out of the relegation swamps all on his own. 42 goals in 88 games ... and people still doubt you lol

that being said he's not right for Pool, he should go to the mancs

I don't see him being as successful at Liverpool as they don't play to his strengths. Much like when we signed Bobby - seems a no brainer until you realise we are starving the player of what made them so good in the first place.

Yeah, we just needed to provide crosses.......

29soldado-tottenham-haciendo-una-de-torres.gif

He scored for fun in spain........

They said.

Your list is the dross for sure but there must be loads of bad-eggs among today's footballers, let's face it. Sherwood got a good tune from Ade by the way.

Dembele, Soldado, Lennon (who most deem as having ideal work rate for Poch's way), Walker (although injured a lot was poor).

We'll see what happens but I'm waiting to see an over 25, established footballer thrive due to Poch's influence and deployment.

If he can get all 'kids' to thrive and push the top 4 and a trophy ASAP, in line with a steady end-result last season then who cares anyway.
Lambert?
SFC will very rarely buy an older player though, due to sell on profit. Our model is similar. However, he's not adverse to buying an over 25. He did buy a few over 26's whilst at Espanyol. He bought quite a few the season after they did well. They didn't do too well that year.

Maybe there's a clue there?

Edit: It may not even be down to 'bad eggs'. Maybe he prefers working with players who buy in wholeheartedly to his methods. Maybe some of the older 'established' players are not to keen to do so, they've made it.
Does he then sacrifice the squad/team ethos to accommodate a few, everyone see's it just bullshit, why should I do this if he doesn't and it all falls to bits.
Everyone has to be on board. That's what I got when I listened to those young kids talk about him when he was at SFC.
Kids are malleable. Older players have their playing styles and some are reluctant/incapable of change. Yet if there was an over 25 who either had the style to fit or was capable of changing, he would have no qualms about them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom