Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they're about 1000x more calamitous than us. Mike ashley... Steve McClaren......Christ. Need I say more?

But seriously, he could get a fair amount of games with us.

As long as he's getting paid his £60k p/w and playing regularly, do you really think he gives a toss what the fat wanker who owns the place is doing?

If we're selling Soldado, surely that means Adebayor is likely to stay for the season? I can't see both going, unless there's replacements lined up.

Because they're about 1000x more calamitous than us. Mike ashley... Steve McClaren......Christ. Need I say more?

But seriously, he could get a fair amount of games with us.

Or we could go out at the group stage of the Europe, round 3 of the fa cup and 1st game of the league cup and he will start 8 games in a season where he could have started 38 for a club more his level. He would never usurp kane and take the starting spot from him. He's not likely to develop more.

Our best option of finding a player willing to sit on the bench who could be good enough for the first team is a youngster who is yet to prove himself.

Yes that's a gamble, but it's the position we are in.

Arda Turan, even for 6 months, is a fucking coup. Yes!

Could also play the long con, and when he's done with Barca in a few years, we'd become an option.

On Kaboul, like Daws, wish him nowt but the best. He was shite towards the end, but that is completely overlooked for just how good he was before that.

Not quite a legend, but not far off. Big up Younes!

Or we could go out at the group stage of the Europe, round 3 of the fa cup and 1st game of the league cup and he will start 8 games in a season where he could have started 38 for a club more his level. He would never usurp kane and take the starting spot from him. He's not likely to develop more.

Our best option of finding a player willing to sit on the bench who could be good enough for the first team is a youngster who is yet to prove himself.

Yes that's a gamble, but it's the position we are in.

Both of your points are very reasonable. But what remains of course, is if the unthinkable happens and Kane gets a long term injury, we can't rely on Adebayor or a youth player to bang in the goals for us.

Arda Turan, even for 6 months, is a fucking coup. Yes!

Could also play the long con, and when he's done with Barca in a few years, we'd become an option.

On Kaboul, like Daws, wish him nowt but the best. He was shite towards the end, but that is completely overlooked for just how good he was before that.

Not quite a legend, but not far off. Big up Younes!

When I saw your name appear I just found myself thinking "what now?". But it's a pretty nailed on post. Turan would strengthen us hugely, Turan in the middle with lamela right and eriksen left, yes please.

Both of your points are very reasonable. But what remains of course, is if the unthinkable happens and Kane gets a long term injury, we can't rely on Adebayor or a youth player to bang in the goals for us.

I really don't think you are getting what we are saying.

We aren't saying we don't want a new striker.

We are saying that it will be difficult to convince a striker with nothing to prove to sit on our bench UNLESS something happens to kane.

I can't make it any simpler.

I'd love to take Turan for a few months, even if he did head back in January he'd still offer us something till then, and would be a real statement.

I don't see peoples issue with Charlie Austin, the lad had an amazing season and was the second highest English scorer. He might not get starts every week for us, but he'd get on and play at least 20 games. He can look at Kane and think that he got his chance as Bobby and Ade were not performing, maybe I'll get that chance. Plus, he fits they style of working hard and tracking back. For £15m I'd take him.

You've got to think why would Austin want to play for us right now?

He's just had his 'breakthrough season' (I'm aware he scored goals before), he'll want to go somewhere where he's the main man up top. This isn't going to be the case at Tottenham, it's quite clear that Kane is the main striker and will be for many years to come (we hope). His best bet is to move to somewhere which is a step up in expectations, he'll start every game when fit and perhaps move on from there.

Last edited:
Surely the point is that we don't want someone who is happy to sit on the bench. We want a player who is good enough to start, keep Kane on his toes, and be good enough when called upon, which could be far more than is being assumed/considered, to do the business.

Austin fits that criteria, and I doubt he would choose Newcastle over Tottenham. I'll offer three reasons why not; he gets to stay in London. Play with a far better team. Not have to live in Newcastle.

Well it's all hypothetical at the moment, seeing as we're apparently not in for him. I don't think he'd be happy to sit on the bench and stall his career right when it's hitting his prime.

Surely the point is that we don't want someone who is happy to sit on the bench. We want a player who is good enough to start, keep Kane on his toes, and be good enough when called upon, which could be far more than is being assumed/considered, to do the business.

Austin fits that criteria, and I doubt he would choose Newcastle over Tottenham. I'll offer three reasons why not; he gets to stay in London. Play with a far better team. Not have to live in Newcastle.
Agree completely. We are a much better proposition than Newcastle, including being in a team with much better players, and plenty of European and cup matches. When did any top team not sign a striker because they had just ONE good striker already? Man Utd had 3 last season.

And a heritage sash is better than stripes

Agree completely. We are a much better proposition than Newcastle, including being in a team with much better players, and plenty of European and cup matches. When did any top team not sign a striker because they had just ONE good striker already? Man Utd had 3 last season.

Man utd also paid all 3 of their strikers over 600k a week.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom