Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of someone with an age declining machine? Stick Scott Parker and Jermain Defoe in it.. Job done.

This (ahem) 17 year old has one. Maybe we could borrow Lazio's?

article_2558313_1_B72_BDB800000578_214_634x417.jpg

Mohamed Salah is available and would be a very good signing.

He would be a good signing, unfortunately he's very much against Jewish people.

A good signing for the striker role would have been that Croatian that Leicester signed, Kramaric. Came off the back of a good record in Croatia, young and hungry enough to understand his place in the pecking order upon arrival.

I agree, and also have no problem with Vardy, but I don't think you can compare him with Kane and Austin.

Kane scored 21 league goals last season, Austin scored 18 in a much worse team. Both of them are going to be marked much more tight next season. I don't see why Austin would see himself as a worse player than Kane, he would fight for the starting spot.

Vardy scored 5 goals in all competitions, though he is not a central striker but that is less than half of the number Chadli and Eriksen scored (Andros Townsend also scored 5, but in fewer games than Vardy).
Fair point, I think he scored in the few Leicester games I watched and assumed he was more prolific than 5 in a season.

Agree completely. We are a much better proposition than Newcastle, including being in a team with much better players, and plenty of European and cup matches. When did any top team not sign a striker because they had just ONE good striker already? Man Utd had 3 last season.
Not much he can do if we aren't after him though is there?

So, he was awesome because he was bullying our defence and a nuisance? So, that's one game where he bullied our defence and was a nuisance, and the one game he actually scored against us, that constitutes being awesome against us?
I suppose we have different interpretations of the word awesome.

I get it you dont rate him, i've seen the best defences of the league struggle to contain him for over three seasons now, he's scored in almost 1 out of 2 games ... If they can make him see how good he actually is then they have bought an absolute top striker. If you think that its easy to score +/- 50 goals (and not even going to mention the assists) in the EPL for a crap team than i suppose that the number of strikers you actually rate is very limited no ? He gets about three decent balls a game and manages to convert a very decent amount of goals but still not good enough ?

He's the best attacking header of the league, he dragged his team out of the relegation swamp and he scored about 50 goals in 100 games as a youngster coming from a very small league.

Either way i hate the scouse so he can fail, just a shame that it needs to happen to such a nice bloke, i'd rather see cunts fail.

Last edited:
I get it you dont rate him, i've seen the best defences of the league struggle to contain him for over three seasons now, he's scored in almost 1 out of 2 games ... If they can make him see how good he actually is then they have bought an absolute top striker. If you think that its easy to score 50 goals (and not even going to mention the assists) in the EPL for a crap team than i suppose that the number of strikers you actually rate is very limited no ? He gets about three decent balls a game and manages to convert a very decent amount of goals but still not good enough ?

He's the best attacking header of the league, he dragged his team out of the relegation swamp and he scored about 50 goals in 100 games as a youngster coming from a very small league.

Either way i hate the scouse so he can fail, just a shame that it needs to happen to such a nice bloke, i'd rather see cunts fail.
Andy Carroll, Lambert, Balotelli and now Benteke. Why do Liverpool keep buying target men when they are set up to play like us -- and don't ever put a decent cross in?

Andy Carroll, Lambert, Balotelli and now Benteke. Why do Liverpool keep buying target men when they are set up to play like us -- and don't ever put a decent cross in?
thats the funny part of it isnt it ... They bought a player who's good with his feet but superb with headers and they do not play with out and out wingers that love to cross

I think he would have been best suited for the manure or that lot down the road, maybe those jokes about us sharing scouts with them were actually true

I get it you dont rate him, i've seen the best defences of the league struggle to contain him for over two seasons now, he's scored in almost 1 out of 2 games ... If they can make him see how good he actually is then they have bought an absolute top striker. If you think that its easy to score 50 goals (and not even going to mention the assists) in the EPL for a crap team than i suppose that the number of strikers you actually rate is very limited no ? He gets about three decent balls a game and manages to convert a very decent amount of goals but still not good enough ?

It's not that I don't rate him. However, he has looked rather ordinary for Belgium when I have seen him - they usually play 4321 don't they? I think he's more suited when he has another striker paying alongside him. With inverted wingers, as is the case with Belgium sometimes, he is not as effective.
It's just I don't think that whenever he has played against us he's been awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom