Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I'll do some digging and see if there's any ITK on him. Though, if there was any, tbh I'd have probably heard of it. But off top of my head, I remember that we were linked with him a couple years ago, when AVB was in charge.
We were- so were manure. Quite heavily. I'm not saying he's a target now, just wondering what he might offer us. He's still reasonably young, very experienced, & seems to have a bit of steel to his game. Which I think we really need to balance with the less experienced lads in the squad. Anything you can condense into one of your posts would be much appreciated:adethumbup:

Can you elaborate on that? I read he was at Porto, & I was hoping for your input. Thanks.
He's a very poor man's Moutinho. When he came to Porto he had a lot hype, he was very good in Belgium. Before a big injury he was in Real Madrid's and United's list. Looked like the real deal at least or the press.

The problem was that we already had a midfielder to do the "8 position", the complete midfielder, non other than Joao Moutinho, as we all know Moutinho is fantastic :avblol:, so Defour was never a starter in a lot of games, and when he played he was never better than okay, always a 5 or 6 from 0 to 10 but never a 4 or a 8, do you catch my drift?

He also played as DM, but hardly impressed anyone. He was there, but without having influential in our game. Just passing to the back and to the sides, the The Paulo passing style :paulinholol:

And in top of that, weren't rare the times he bitched on the press about wanting more game time and all of that shenaningans. Was happy to see him getting the fuck out Porto. He was so average that the best he could get was a trip back to Belgium.

We were- so were manure. Quite heavily. I'm not saying he's a target now, just wondering what he might offer us. He's still reasonably young, very experienced, & seems to have a bit of steel to his game. Which I think we really need to balance with the less experienced lads in the squad. Anything you can condense into one of your posts would be much appreciated:adethumbup:
I don't want to pretend like I know a good bit about him, but all that I really know and can say - which itself is the general consensus on him - is that he used to be a great and exciting prospect, but unfortunately for him, his injuries really have taken toll, and thus it's why he's in the Belgian league atm.

Other than that, all I know is that Standard Liege fans really dislike him (kinda like why we hate Sol), and they even went a step further and made this banner:

B8MvDMACcAAdipH.jpg:large

He's a very poor man's Moutinho. When he came to Porto he had a lot hype, he was very good in Belgium. Before a big injury he was in Real Madrid's and United's list. Looked like the real deal at least or the press.

The problem was that we already had a midfielder to do the "8 position", the complete midfielder, non other than Joao Moutinho, as we all know Moutinho is fantastic :avblol:, so Defour was never a starter in a lot of games, and when he played he was never better than okay, always a 5 or 6 from 0 to 10 but never a 4 or a 8, do you catch my drift?

He also played as DM, but hardly impressed anyone. He was there, but without having influential in our game. Just passing to the back and to the sides, the The Paulo passing style :paulinholol:

And in top of that, weren't rare the times he bitched on the press about wanting more game time and all of that shenaningans. Was happy to see him getting the fuck out Porto. He was so average that the best he could get was a trip back to Belgium.
I guess you're not a fan then? Thanks for the input. I was hoping I'd overheard something to be excited about in the pub. I guess I will never learn. I will treat as lower level ITK from now on...if there is such a thing. Expect it to be a done deal within the next day or so...:kaboul:

I guess you're not a fan then? Thanks for the input. I was hoping I'd overheard something to be excited about in the pub. I guess I will never learn. I will treat as lower level ITK from now on...if there is such a thing. Expect it to be a done deal within the next day or so...:kaboul:
i'm not a fan by any means. I don't want more average players. Better to give the chance to are young prospects, they can be average as well, we don't know, but are available for free :levywhoa:

I don't want to pretend like I know a good bit about him, but all that I really know and can say - which itself is the general consensus on him - is that he used to be a great and exciting prospect, but unfortunately for him, his injuries really have taken toll, and thus it's why he's in the Belgian league atm.

Other than that, all I know is that Standard Liege fans really dislike him (kinda like why we hate Sol), and they even went a step further and made this banner:

B8MvDMACcAAdipH.jpg:large
I saw that banner but didn't know it was him until I googled his name. The fact that he is hated by the Reds of Belgium makes me like him. That banner is some sinister shit though. He got sent off in that game too cos he lost his head (pardon the inappropriate pun). It was genuinely just a name thrown out of the ether to see what people who knew more about him thought. Seems the Porto connection is not impressed but he was attracting the big guns' attention not long ago. If he's a broken arrow then fuck it. But we need a steely bastard in front of our defence in my opinion & all the usual suspects are either too expensive or have already been bought in the window.

i'm not a fan by any means. I don't want more average players. Better to give the chance to are young prospects, they can be average as well, we don't know, but are available for free :levywhoa:
I wasnt suggesting we bought him. I just wondered what the thoughts were of folk who had seen him play. We need some experience in our midfield & unless Dembele (who I rate) is suddenly going to be the answer (he isn't a DM in my eyes) then we need to weigh up what's left out there in this window who doesn't demand CL football now & who isn't being snapped up by teams in the CL right now. It seems Defour isn't that man.

Going to be a bit annoyed if our net spend is 0 or positive. How can Levy expect us to improve if he's literally spending no money at all. Every year we expect to do better, yet Levy is still playing with the same deck of cards.

New TV deal. New stadium announce. NFL sponsors announced. New merchandise sponsor in America. AIA shirt sponsor gets us £16 mil a year on its own. Naming rights for stadium lined up. If there's a time to be ambitious and cash in on the current excitement it's now.

I don't mind if he wants to free up wages and get rid of deadwood, fair enough. I just hope there's a bit of ambition...bit worrying that everything has gone quiet. 1 injury to Kane and we're going to drop below 6th.

Last edited:
I wasnt suggesting we bought him. I just wondered what the thoughts were of folk who had seen him play. We need some experience in our midfield & unless Dembele (who I rate) is suddenly going to be the answer (he isn't a DM in my eyes) then we need to weigh up what's left out there in this window who doesn't demand CL football now & who isn't being snapped up by teams in the CL right now. It seems Defour isn't that man.
We should buy João Moutinho asap. I don't care. He's the man for the job. Monaco would sell him. We need him.

I saw that banner but didn't know it was him until .................If he's a broken arrow then fuck it. But we need a steely bastard in front of our defence in my opinion & all the usual suspects are either too expensive or have already been bought in the window.

Yeah, our lack of one sometimes really makes me miss Parker. I really liked him as a player, and his attitude was perfect - I loved it. We could use a stern and wise old head like him in our young squad.

And speaking of which ... How would people feel if we sign Cambiasso for like a year? He was pretty useful for Leicester last season. And he has that experienced, leadership personality, is Argie, and plus ... now he also has one year of the PL under his belt.

Last edited:
Yeah, our lack of one sometimes really makes me miss Parker. I really liked him as a player, and his attitude was perfect - I loved it. We could use a stern and wise old head like him in our young squad.

And speaking of which ... How would people feel if we sign Cambiasso for like a year? He was pretty useful for Leicester last season. And he has that experienced, leadership personality and plus ... now he also has one year of the PL under his belt.
Said the same thing earlier. Spot on in my opinion. Have just seen Nabil Bentaleb's post about Moutinho & whilst I would wank myself into orbit if we signed him, he will be another "CL hungry" player who will end up at a top table club rather than Spurs-for now. Cambiasso ticks a shit load of boxes for me.

We should buy João Moutinho asap. I don't care. He's the man for the job. Monaco would sell him. We need him.
He will go to a CL club. Not a club aspiring to CL status. We missed the boat with him when AVB went balls in to get him &, for whatever reason, it didnt happen. I'd love him at our club. I just don't see it unless he buys into a vision for the future.

Going to be a bit annoyed if our net spend is 0 or positive. How can Levy expect us to improve if he's literally spending no money at all. Every year we expect to do better, yet Levy is still playing with the same deck of cards.

New TV deal. New stadium announce. NFL sponsors announced. New merchandise sponsor in America. AIA shirt sponsor gets us £16 mil a year on its own. Naming rights for stadium lined up. If there's a time to be ambitious and cash in on the current excitement it's now.

I don't mind if he wants to free up wages and get rid of deadwood, fair enough. I just hope there's a bit of ambition...bit worrying that everything has gone quiet. 1 injury to Kane and we're going to drop below 6th.

2 days ago, disagrees with my post that we need signings and cant rely on kids.
Fucking scenes

Also this
Fuck sake, Levy openly came out and said we won't spend more than £15 mil on a player, so why are you getting annoyed when we do exactly what he said we would?

And this
From what we know of Poch I think most of our signings are going to be relatively cheap kids, which I'll be content with...

dog-chasing-tail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom