Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to giggle at all the "why cant we be like other teams" regarding the window.

Everyone is running around making signings today....but apparantly only Spurs do that.

Oh look at Woolwich strengthening by signing Lacazzette early.....then losing Oxlade and Sanchez on the last day.
Yeah, brilliant window

Poch ethos well and truly out the window this summer lol

Youth players sent out on loan. Player over the age of 30 potentially signing. Potentially bringing in a loan signing.

If Barkley doesn't come now, I don't think we'll get him. Not overly upset about that, but I just don't see Spurs as the club to swoop in on a player in that situation. Chavs will go to him in January and tell him that if he plays out his contract, and they therefore avoid a big fee, they'll give him massive wages in June à la Ibrahimovic. Then he'll go there and look pedestrian the 6 times a year he gets on the pitch.

Gone pretty quiet. Delighted to get Aurier done, looks like like Llorente will happen (good deal for 2 years - something different) just the one tricky midfielder left

I have no idea what you´re on about......I was luke warm on Barkley before he was injured the first time.
The second injury made me sure its not worth it whatsoever
I was similar - lukewarm to start with, warmed to the idea, cooled to the idea. Not sure about "not worth it whatsoever" but I 80% agree (which is something for us ¿no?)

The whole point is to bring in a good-to-go player that immediately strengthens our attacking midfield options. Now, not in 5 months time.

Poch ethos well and truly out the window this summer lol

Youth players sent out on loan. Player over the age of 30 potentially signing. Potentially bringing in a loan signing.

Spin. 3 players between 19 & 23 signed. No youth players as yet sent out on loan & no players over 30 as yet signed. We can all spin the numbers.

Which one are you talking about?
sanchez-man-city.jpg

Lloris
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Aurier
Dembele
Rose
Eriksen
Alli
Mahrez / Di Maria
Kane

Vorm
Trippier/ Davies (move Davies on for Sessegnon in January)
Foyth
Wanyama / Dier
Son / Barkley in January
Gelson
Llorente

If this happens I'll probably go to sleep every night for the rest of my life listening to Pavarotti's Italia 90 song for the rest of my life. I may even get the old school football our Cockerel stands proudly on tattooed onto each of my bollocks so my very own proud cockerel can stand equally as proud on them FOREVER!!!!

You know it makes sense Monsieur Levy you little cracker you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom