Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We desperately needed an attacking option off the bench, a bit of speed and flair.

Let's face it, Sissoko isn't going to improve. We can only hope that N'Koudou or potentially Marcus Edwards becomes that player, because it looks like we've failed to sign anyone in that mould this window.

Isn't Son that option? He won't be a starter once we bring Sanchez into the team and play 5 at the back most games.

The Barkley thing reminds me of Will Ferrell being in the arm hold in Talladega Nights.

Everton: £40m and not a penny less.
Spurs: But his contract is down to one year.
E: Yep
S: And he's injured.
E: Indeed
S: So how about £20m, £25m at a push?
E: £40m
S: He will literally walk away for free next summer.
E: Don't care

Fuck me, just because they got bent over a barrel for Siggurdson.

Woolwich will likely spend 100m to get Lemar to replace Alexis who they're selling for 60m.

I know Alexis wants out but that seems like bad business. They're making City even more loaded than they already are while overpaying for Lemar. I think they're worse when the dust settles. Lemar is obviously a great player and I know the market is crazy these days, but that still looks crazy to me.
BUT would he go there?

It's World Cup year. He will be swapping CL for EL. Swapping a VERY well run club, stable and likely to challenge for the title for a 2nd year, to go to Woolwich, in crisis, players desperate to get out of the club and will probably finish outside top 4 as they are playing shite. His only uplift is his salary.

This is petty and irrational on my part but I absolutely hate the phrase 'Over the line' and the way it has become the go to phrase when discussing an incoming transfer

That is all

:pochsulk:

Woolwich will likely spend 100m to get Lemar to replace Alexis who they're selling for 60m.

I know Alexis wants out but that seems like bad business. They're making City even more loaded than they already are while overpaying for Lemar. I think they're worse when the dust settles. Lemar is obviously a great player and I know the market is crazy these days, but that still looks crazy to me.
Think about it, how does it make Woolwich look like if they say they don't have any money but get 60 from City for Sanchez and allegedy spend 100m for Lemar? Where did that extra 40 come from? And how come they didn't do any business if they had that extra 40 before today?

We desperately needed an attacking option off the bench, a bit of speed and flair.

Let's face it, Sissoko isn't going to improve. We can only hope that N'Koudou or potentially Marcus Edwards becomes that player, because it looks like we've failed to sign anyone in that mould this window.

Absolutely that's why for me this is an ok window, we have essentially taken Walker, Wimmer and Jansen and replaced them with upgrades.

However our real issue is depth in the AM region (particularly pace) as anyone with half a brain can see. Sure Levy and Poch know this but resolving this issue is probably quite difficult, let's hope we get 1-2 in those positions. If that is done even with the Wembley factor I think we will have enough about us to have a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom