Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong that, when I read about Oxlaide being linked with a move out of that lot, I didn't immediately pour cold water on the idea of him joining us?

Would never happen, but I'd probably take him over Barkley based on ability.

Is it wrong that, when I read about Oxlaide being linked with a move out of that lot, I didn't immediately pour cold water on the idea of him joining us?

Brave brave post.

I said Pochettino would work wonders with him and got 784 disagrees.

It would be an unpopular signing, but the kid clearly has some ability. I wouldn't actually be against it personally.

I genuinely think he is shit. I've never seen him play well, not once.

The only time I pay attention to him is when he's in an England shirt. He seems to have a good attitude and a calm composure. Granted he's not a stand-out star, nor does he have the cocky flair that Dele possesses, but when I think about it subjectively, I wouldn't mind Barkley - yet I rate O-C higher than Barkey. It's a bit odd.

As highly-rated Wenger is as a coach, it feels like his players don't really progress any more.

I genuinely think he is shit. I've never seen him play well, not once.
Where would he improve us.

CM - No. Wanyama, Dembele, Dier better. Winks a better prospect.
RWB/RB - No. Walker and Trippier better (AOC did play RWB so a fair comparison)
AM/RW/LW - No. Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lamela better. Doesn't score enough goals and wouldn't provide depth cover for Eriksen as well as Barkley would.

A giant pass from me for the Ox. Says it all really that he was their 2nd best player in the 2nd half of the season after Sanchez and I wouldn't even consider him for our bench.

To be fair, Ronaldo (Portugal) will go down as one of the greatest footballers in history, consistently fighting at the top of the game for 10 years. Ridiculous amount of records broken, ridiculous goal scoring record and around at a time where internet is at it's strongest, along with social media so it makes sense.
He also plays the social media game more than any one else, so has built a fanbase that always backs him in those kinds of things. He will always have the "but" attached to his name though. He isn't as good as Messi, and he's not the "real" Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom