Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be another huge opportunity missed if we don't add any quality this summer and go for cheap squaddies instead.
Who do you suggest we go after? All this not adding "quality" argument gets very circuitous when nobody comes up with genuinely attainable targets. In Kane & Alli we have TWO of the top FIVE most valuable players in world football.

I wouldn't be jumping for joy if we supplement them with Ross fucking Barkley for £40 million. It's not value for money imo.

Why can't we just trust the manager? I'm sure that whatever he does, or doesn't do in the transfer market, we will be strong again next season if we keep our core players. Toby aside, the players are all tied down to long term contracts. We are in a very good place. Get Toby signed up, clear Walker's head of any nonsense it may have been filled with & trust Poch to get the most out of the players he has & the signings he makes.

Who do you suggest we go after? All this not adding "quality" argument gets very circuitous when nobody comes up with genuinely attainable targets. In Kane & Alli we have TWO of the top FIVE most valuable players in world football.

I wouldn't be jumping for joy if we supplement them with Ross fucking Barkley for £40 million. It's not value for money imo.

Why can't we just trust the manager? I'm sure that whatever he does, or doesn't do in the transfer market, we will be strong again next season if we keep our core players. Toby aside, the players are all tied down to long term contracts. We are in a very good place. Get Toby signed up, clear Walker's head of any nonsense it may have been filled with & trust Poch to get the most out of the players he has & the signings he makes.
Who said he wants Barkley for 40m? There are dozens of quality players from other top leagues in Europe we can realistically get that will significantly strengthen our team.

Who said he wants Barkley for 40m? There are dozens of quality players from other top leagues in Europe we can realistically get that will significantly strengthen our team.

out of interest, who are you going to replace from these to significantly strengthen our team?

lloris, walker, alderweireld, dier, vertonghen, rose, wanyama, dembele, eriksen, dele, kane

Who are these players though? You talk about there being dozens who will
A significantly strengthen the team &
B we can realistically get
...can you name a few?

out of interest, who are you going to replace from these to significantly strengthen our team?

lloris, walker, alderweireld, dier, vertonghen, rose, wanyama, dembele, eriksen, dele, kane
Wanyama and Dembele offer very little going forward as both have very mediocre range of passing.

Walker, take away his athleticism he's West Ham level Player, which he'll be in 2.5 yrs time.

Winks aside, our bench is garbage to say the least.

This team is crying out for DMs with superior passing ability like Sanson, Seri or N. Keita and AMs with pace and creativity like Anderson, Lemar or Balde K.

What makes everyone so sure arse will sign those players....? I highly doubt they will get Lacazette to be fair. Lemar I really am not bothered about. Too many flash in the pan players being mooted as top class.

There was a golden generation from the mid 90's up til about 2008. Just an abundance of world class players that made the Champions League interesting.
Love it or hate it, but even the old "Top 4" had must watch fixtures and great matches.

Today its not the same across the board....kids come through, score a few goals for 6 months and get a 60M price tag on their heads. There is a lack of genuine talent around the game and thats why I couldnt care less for any of these players we are linked with. If we sign someone, ok I will see what they are like.

But gone are the days of staying up late because someone said Rivaldo was on his way......who cares if we sign Max Meyer? Who? If we do, welcome aboard Yiddo, but cant say I give a toss if we dont to be fair.

Oh and Liverpool have bid for another striker, Kieta by the way.....maybe they will play him at CB, the fuckwits

Look how he controls the midfield and orchestrates attacks, something the 'beasts' like Wanyama and Dembele have deprived us of since Modric departure.

I love Dembele and Wanyama but Paredes gives us something we haven't got and I think he'd walk into our strongest eleven personally - I don't think we have EVER been linked though so I'm just basing this off the fact that he's leaving for £22,000,000 and I'd like to think Poch will want another Argentine.

I love Dembele and Wanyama but Paredes gives us something we haven't got and I think he'd walk into our strongest eleven personally - I don't think we have EVER been linked though so I'm just basing this off the fact that he's leaving for £22,000,000 and I'd like to think Poch will want another Argentine.

He's supposed to be off to Zenit.

Not seen many Roma fans bothered by it - some even happy about it

It will be another huge opportunity missed if we don't add any quality this summer and go for cheap squaddies instead.

Such a tiresome shit argument that Im starting to wonder if the people saying this have any real affiliation to THFC.

I dont see how you can look around our squad and progression and say that with a straight face. Sorry but its just a farcical and ridiculous statement.

Our "cheap squaddies" have given us far more than our recent expensive signings. You dont seem to understand what our club is about anymore. Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom