Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's supposed to be off to Zenit.

Not seen many Roma fans bothered by it - some even happy about it

Only because Roma now have Monchi and Romanista's think he's going to be bringing in world class talent in the same way he did with Sevilla.

Roma fans were also happy with the sale of Salah by the way, but that's more to do with the price tag. Romanista's are happy with the fact that Zenit are willing to splash £70,000,000 on Manolas and Parades, which is a LARGE sum for an Italian club.

out of interest, who are you going to replace from these to significantly strengthen our team?

lloris, walker, alderweireld, dier, vertonghen, rose, wanyama, dembele, eriksen, dele, kane

Mate Ive tried this with the "must buy now crew".......they just run off, or when cornered end up talking about buying players to rotate.

Ergo, squad players.

:goonermong:

To be fair to him Bob he has cunted off all bar Alderweireld and possibly Wanyama in that list.
I've always rated Eriksen and Aldeweireld highly, never found faults in their abilities.As well as the likes of Lorris, Vertonghen, Rose, Lamela, Alli and Kane to some extent.

Dier, Wanyama, Walker, Son and Dembele are very frustrating but quite useful too.

You're a defeatist Sammyspurs that has no aspiration for our team to really push on. Hell even this simple post below highlights it:

Also fairly ridiculous that your marquee signing also requires a brand new formation to make it work......on the back of our best football in 30 odd years, you want to change it for some mysterious player you cant even name.

Going by that post i assume you feel the best football we played in 29 years was in the 15/16 season? Yet what did our manager do last season? He changed formations and went to a 3 at the back because he thought it would improve us...and it did. He didn't think "ohhh we played the best football last season so i will just stick with it". The point is...formations...signing quality players....you never just stick with what you have because it worked one season unless you win absolutely everything (and even then you try and improve). Your aim should always be to push on.

I've always rated Eriksen and Aldeweireld highly, never found faults in their abilities.As well as the likes of Lorris, Vertonghen, Rose, Lamela, Alli and Kane to some extent.

Dier, Wanyama, Walker, Son and Dembele are very frustrating but quite useful too.
Mate with all due respect you pile hate on almost everyone of our players over the years. I used to have an issue with it, but to be honest it's brought us good luck. Almost every player you've complained about has gone on to be one of the best in the League in their position. I'm more than happy for you to continue to do it, whatever hoodoo it is, it's working.

You're a defeatist Sammyspurs that has no aspiration for our team to really push on. Hell even this simple post below highlights it:

Going by that post i assume you feel the best football we played in 29 years was in the 15/16 season? Yet what did our manager do last season? He changed formations and went to a 3 at the back because he thought it would improve us...and it did. He didn't think "ohhh we played the best football last season so i will just stick with it". The point is...formations...signing quality players....you never just stick with what you have because it worked one season unless you win absolutely everything (and even then you try and improve). Your aim should always be to push on.

But Poch evolved us.....not you Kingdawson. Quite the difference isnt it. You have a mystery player in your head but you dont even know who it is, that you want to play in a new formation we've never played and in your head thats garuanteed improvement. The lines between your fantasy and real life have become blurred.

Never stick with what you've got? Yet we must keep our squad together at all costs....you said you'd be gutted if Walker left. Why? Just improve on him, why stand still.

I want to improve....thats the point you have missed with your rants.

I would be happy to get rid of the unused players and bring in trusted quality for depth of squad. You can go back 100 pages and find me saying the same thing.

Your idea of improving is buying a squad player to rotate with Dembele. Yet you claim you dont want squad players, you want to improve the first team. However, you cant even bring yourself to say "I think we should replace Dembele".

My idea is buying 2 or 3 squad players to replace Wimmer, Njie and possibly Nkoudou or Onomah, and give us solid options for competing on all fronts, and allowing for strong rotation.

But you see that as defeatist. Proper nonsensical stance you have adopted, and Im not sure why.

Something even Dembele cannot do!

But it's nice to see you have the ability to watch a 13 minute video in 3 minutes.

Just like you have the ability to watch every game in all the league's and see the ability of all the players on the field, I have the ability to watch a 13 min video in 3 minutes.

I love Dembele and Wanyama but Paredes gives us something we haven't got and I think he'd walk into our strongest eleven personally - I don't think we have EVER been linked though so I'm just basing this off the fact that he's leaving for £22,000,000 and I'd like to think Poch will want another Argentine.
We were linked in January I think

sammyspurs sammyspurs has become really arrogant tbh. We didn't win the league last season, of course we should look to improve our squad and first eleven, all our competitors are doing so. This idea that the ability of our squad will just grow exponentially in the coming seasons is stupid

sammyspurs sammyspurs has become really arrogant tbh. We didn't win the league last season, of course we should look to improve our squad and first eleven, all our competitors are doing so. This idea that the ability of our squad will just grow exponentially in the coming seasons is stupid
Arrogant because I'm happy with the squad?
You said you preferred me when I was negative too.

The more you say, the less I have to

Arrogant because I'm happy with the squad?
You said you preferred me when I was negative too.

The more you say, the less I have to
Arrogant because you think we don't need to improve our team. Every other club in the world, even the likes of Bayern and Real look to improve their teams every summer, why shouldn't we? Are we better than them?

N'other one.

On their bullet point list
  • "Was discovered by Tottenham by accident"

They say it like they were filming an episode of Salvage Hunters in Nice, and Drew Pritchard was like "How much do you want for that winger behind the bookcase?"

Arrogant because you think we don't need to improve our team. Every other club in the world, even the likes of Bayern and Real look to improve their teams every summer, why shouldn't we? Are we better than them?
I've said I want to improve the team and explained how a million times to both you and kingdawson.

I'm not sure why you are talking about Real Madrid. At Spurs we have improved our team with signings from the lower leagues and good coaching. I like that approach, you don't so what.

Wanyama was revelation of a signing...been here one season and we hysterically need new players!!!

We have a 22 goal option on our bench in Son but we need a Hazard, who scored less.

If Winks played for Everton, and we had Barkley, you'd want us to sign Winks for 30M to improve us....its embarrassing.

you want to upgrade on Dembele yet you have clammered over about 8 rumored signings as players you would love to have here.
You've never even seen them play mate, be honest. You just want.

The weakness we had last year seemed to be the lack of what is sometimes termed an 'explosive player', a Sanchez, Coutinho or Hazard who can play in tight spaces and turn/accelerate quickly, this unsettles defences.

We have been linked with lemar but he is not that type, he is a more a wide left footed version of Eriksen, more a passer and creator for others.

When we played Florentina the previous season they had Bernardesci who seemed like that, obviously you have Dyabla and Greizmann but they are way out of our league. The alternative is to hope the hype around Edwards is not just hype.

Not so worried about other areas, Winks and Onomah should hopefully provide competition for Dembele, Waynama and Dier. It's such a shame we didn't get Osumne Dembele when we had the chance a few seasons back.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just can't see the wood for the trees as a fan. Our squad is the envy of 18 others in the PL. We probably fell 1 player short last season - that player is a pacy, skillful goal-scorer. They don't grow on trees (see what i did there?) and cost more in fees and wages than we can currently support. So we try to unearth players or coach them (with an admittedly hit and miss record - but that's inevitable when you work that way).

When did that become the way not to do it? Jesus wept. I hate Sky and 24 hour news. Fucked up peoples minds with 'must have now' bollocks. :kaneshh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom