Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said I want to improve the team and explained how a million times to both you and kingdawson.

I'm not sure why you are talking about Real Madrid. At Spurs we have improved our team with signings from the lower leagues and good coaching. I like that approach, you don't so what.

Wanyama was revelation of a signing...been here one season and we hysterically need new players!!!

We have a 22 goal option on our bench in Son but we need a Hazard, who scored less.

If Winks played for Everton, and we had Barkley, you'd want us to sign Winks for 30M to improve us....its embarrassing.

you want to upgrade on Dembele yet you have clammered over about 8 rumored signings as players you would love to have here.
You've never even seen them play mate, be honest. You just want.
How many players have we signed from the lower leagues that have come in and improved our starting 11? One, you make it sound like it's something we do regularly.
Are you trying to make it look like I want Wanyama replaced?
You're a complete mong constantly putting words in my mouth, please fuck off

How many players have we signed from the lower leagues that have come in and improved our starting 11? One, you make it sound like it's something we do regularly.
Are you trying to make it look like I want Wanyama replaced?
You're a complete mong constantly putting words in my mouth, please fuck off
Rose, Walker, Alli, Dier that's 4....I believe Burnley were champo when we bought Trippier too. Know your history son.

The Wanyama thing was a simple example.

You are just like the others.....want players for the first team but can't drop anyone from the first team. Oh except Dembele for Barkley in your case.

You know your rage is unhealthy mate. Take a year off and do yourself a favour

The weakness we had last year seemed to be the lack of what is sometimes termed an 'explosive player', a Sanchez, Coutinho or Hazard who can play in tight spaces and turn/accelerate quickly, this unsettles defences.

We have been linked with lemar but he is not that type, he is a more a wide left footed version of Eriksen, more a passer and creator for others.

When we played Florentina the previous season they had Bernardesci who seemed like that, obviously you have Dyabla and Greizmann but they are way out of our league. The alternative is to hope the hype around Edwards is not just hype.

Not so worried about other areas, Winks and Onomah should hopefully provide competition for Dembele, Waynama and Dier. It's such a shame we didn't get Osumne Dembele when we had the chance a few seasons back.

Completely agree. This is the one 'weakness'.

Yet who does "our new Hazard" replace?

Whoever comes in is going to face rotation, much like with Son. Even if we sign Lemar, it will be a squad signing.

A few posters seem to think squad player must mean someone like Frazier Campbell. Then they point to Real Madrid as an example while forgetting they have players like Benzema as squad cover...

If Walker doesn't leave we only need 1or2 players imo, back up LB more in the mold of Rose and another quick attacking player to compete with Son.

If Walker doesn't leave we only need 1or2 players imo, back up LB more in the mold of Rose and another quick attacking player to compete with Son.

Tbh, we don't NEED a new LB... Just be nice to score Sessengon.

Davies got better and better the more he played.... As he did the year before. I also think deviating from rotating the full backs as pairs upsets our balance. i.e. KW/DR & KT/BD - similar pace on each side being the key.

We're gonna buy Ross Barkley on the last day of the transfer window for I dunno £37m?
We should have pulled out all the stops for Wilfried Zaha.

But Poch evolved us.....not you Kingdawson. Quite the difference isnt it. You have a mystery player in your head but you dont even know who it is, that you want to play in a new formation we've never played and in your head thats garuanteed improvement. The lines between your fantasy and real life have become blurred.

Never stick with what you've got? Yet we must keep our squad together at all costs....you said you'd be gutted if Walker left. Why? Just improve on him, why stand still.

I want to improve....thats the point you have missed with your rants.

I would be happy to get rid of the unused players and bring in trusted quality for depth of squad. You can go back 100 pages and find me saying the same thing.

Your idea of improving is buying a squad player to rotate with Dembele. Yet you claim you dont want squad players, you want to improve the first team. However, you cant even bring yourself to say "I think we should replace Dembele".

My idea is buying 2 or 3 squad players to replace Wimmer, Njie and possibly Nkoudou or Onomah, and give us solid options for competing on all fronts, and allowing for strong rotation.

But you see that as defeatist. Proper nonsensical stance you have adopted, and Im not sure why.
Don't agree with the walker part. If there was a right back somewhere who is on the market or able to be pursuaded to leave and better than Walker then..... City would be trying to buy him. There's a dearth of top quality full back players and I personally doubt we could buy a right back presently better than Walker.

Don't agree with the walker part. If there was a right back somewhere who is on the market or able to be pursuaded to leave and better than Walker then..... City would be trying to buy him. There's a dearth of top quality full back players and I personally doubt we could buy a right back presently better than Walker.

If/when we sell Walker to City we have his replacements already in Trippier and Walker-Peters. No need to buy a replacement.

This Forum:

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE

Fucking hell, you lot are starting to sound like me in bed alone on a Friday night.

Rose, Walker, Alli, Dier that's 4....I believe Burnley were champo when we bought Trippier too. Know your history son.

The Wanyama thing was a simple example.

You are just like the others.....want players for the first team but can't drop anyone from the first team. Oh except Dembele for Barkley in your case.

You know your rage is unhealthy mate. Take a year off and do yourself a favour
Both Rose and Walker were signed as prospects and didn't contribute anything in their first few seasons. Burnley had been in the Premier League when we signed Trippier.

Have we signed anyone yet?

giphy.gif

With respect if that eventuates then that remains to be seen. KWP is uncapped at senior level, who knows how he'd handle senior football, especially in Europe.

That is true. KWP did just win the (under 20) World Cup, and more significantly, we have this man

:pochsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom