Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeeh? Can you please enlighten us as to all the better players not on the bench today, who can play against Newcastle?

Considering the team doesn't include Rose, Son, Lamela, Wanyama and Nkoudou, and also taking into account the fact that the season doesn't start today, I don't know what the fuss is.

Every time Poch wants to give a young player a chance, or a bit of a experience, a section of people melt about "options on the bench"

Considering the team doesn't include Rose, Son, Lamela, Wanyama and Nkoudou, and also taking into account the fact that the season doesn't start today, I don't know what the fuss is.

Every time Poch wants to give a young player a chance, or a bit of a experience, a section of people melt about "options on the bench"

How many of those are ready for the season premiere?

To use the new trend on here:

"Why are you asking me - that's stupid, I'm not a physio, ask the club, etc."
Don't be silly, we should spend big money on first team signings to cover injuries.
And don't forget that Dele misses THREE CL games. Better sign *a man* to cover him.
The markets carazzy too so 30M gets you crap. GET YOUR CHECKBOOK OUT LEVY!

Better sign back up for Davies while Rose is out too actually. Back up for the back up. That's the way we do it.

In October when everyone's fit, our new world class overpriced bloated squad can get restless with all the benchtime and then we can make it paramount to keep them ALL.

Ps Kane just missed an open goal: swap for Morata anyone?

Don't be silly, we should spend big money on first team signings to cover injuries.
And don't forget that Dele misses THREE CL games. Better sign *a man* to cover him.
The markets carazzy too so 30M gets you crap. GET YOUR CHECKBOOK OUT LEVY!

Better sign back up for Davies while Rose is out too actually. Back up for the back up. That's the way we do it.

In October when everyone's fit, our new world class overpriced bloated squad can get restless with all the benchtime and then we can make it paramount to keep them ALL.

Ps Kane just missed an open goal: swap for Morata anyone?

"Hi, do you want to join our club? Guaranteed starter? No, we just want you to be backup to our backup for a few games."

I don't think we'd ever have players come through the ranks if we thought like that. Poch will do what he thinks is best, and I suspect we're trying to make the club attractive to the next generation of players by showing we give chances.

(waiting for this to be misquoted as "we shouldn't buy anyone"...)

Right but there's a big difference mate. Spurs are not Brighton because we have totally different ambitions for the club. Judging by our stadium move etc, we clearly are looking to establish ourselves as a top club in the country. So with being a top club you need to win trophies and we just don't do that as a club.

You comparing us to lower league sides is ridiculous because we are on complete different wavelengths to these clubs. For a club of our size we should be winning a lot more trophies. The Spurs fans are probably the most patient fans in the world because we have to put up with set backs for so long now.

This club need to win stuff it's that simple otherwise we run the risk of starting all over again. So to summarise it, yes trophies are the be end and all for a club of our side and current ambition. If we want to keep our best players then we need to start winning trophies. Maybe you enjoy Spurs being a nearly club all your life but I want my club to start winning stuff.
I would absolutely love Spurs to be winning trophies, but I don't feel entitled to it. I grew up supporting them through the 90s, so I'm totally delighted that we are even a top four side now. I'm loving being a Spurs fan right now. Trophies would be a delicious icing on the cake but I'm not angry or unhappy with where we are.

Last edited:
Genuine question:

In terms of a new player coming into our squad, what is the difference between it being someone like Foyth and an academy player like Georgiou or Oakley-Booth?

Genuine question:

In terms of a new player coming into our squad, what is the difference between it being someone like Foyth and an academy player like Georgiou or Oakley-Booth?

Don't know much about Foyth but if you look are Dele Alli it's game time at senior level, ability however will be the long term factor and that is up to the manager and scouts to analyse.

If Foyth has more talent than any of our other CB's then go for him. I suppose this is why Poch has now allowed Onomah to go on loan and prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom