Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he's a bit of a prick and it's highly unlikely but would rahem Stirling be a decent buy. I don't think pep is convinced and I don't see him getting a game for them now. Cheeky 20mill offer

Pretty sure he's on like 180k a week and probably doesn't even make our first team unless we switch back to a back 4. And even then, is he better than Son?

I know he's a bit of a prick and it's highly unlikely but would rahem Stirling be a decent buy. I don't think pep is convinced and I don't see him getting a game for them now. Cheeky 20mill offer
Raheem would be an excellent buy, and just the kind of player Pochettino was trying to get out of Sissoko/N'Jie/Nkoudou. But I doubt City would be dumb enough to sell him to us.

Lol, the guy has been a mainstay in the City side this season and is massively underrated by other teams. He's been great this season, no way City would let him go

I think the club needs to be a bit clear-eyed and honest with themselves. We do not do well when spending large amounts of cash, or trying to buy players from other Premier League clubs. Once spending gets above 20 million on player, or they're already in England, things get hit and miss. Wanyama was a big hit, Sissoko not. Son and Lamela were hits, but record signing Paulinho and Soldado were not. Janssen, we don't know (but I really hope). The reality is that a player already in the PL may know the style of play of the League, and may be comfortable in England, but may not actually be good for Spurs, since we don't play like a typical English team. Our big successes have all come from clubs that share our styles of play, not our location. Ajax; German teams which press a lot. They are where we find our best transfers, and I hope they're where we are looking again.
This is just stupid. We shouldn't be wary of moving past the 20m mark when paying for a player, we should just do our scouting properly

This is just stupid. We shouldn't be wary of moving past the 20m mark when paying for a player, we should just do our scouting properly
It rather appears we often don't, especially once the prices get higher. Until evidence starts to show we are getting smarter, I'd rather take multiple cheaper punts.

Who told you that? Daily Mail or The Sun? The english media has mistreated him so badly, the guy is massive talent on the back of a great season. Anybody who doesn't rate this kid is absolutely mental

I've seen the guy play. He makes the wrong decisions more often then not, and his shooting is hilariously bad. I'd rather have Zaha, and I really don't rate him either.

Sterling wouldn't even make our first eleven and he'd be our highest earner.

Big, flashing red sign.
Obviously it's never going to happen, and he does not fit our first eleven. But is he the kind of player that Pochettino wants Sissoko or Nkoudou to be? I think yes. Should Pochettino be wanting us to have that kind of player is a different conversation.

Sterling is dumb as fuck. Makes the wrong choice so many times and can't shoot to save his life.

Plus he runs like Velma

tumblr_mz917tf6Tf1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom