Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that wasn't my point. It was the report that Poch had been told we must " sell before we can buy"....Every other premier league club seemingly has a transfer kitty they can dip into. A war chest of premier league/ tv millions as they say. But we supposedly have to balance the books. I just find the notion absurd. If you disagree, then fair enough. I just say it as I see it.

Our 'war chest' is going into the stadium build. It's not buying players but it certainly going towards the development of the club. Players come and go, the fans will be the ones coming back through the new electronic turnstiles week in, week out. So what if we sell to buy, it's better being financially secure rather pissing it away on players who may or may not come good. One or two additions is all we need.

Wow I don't think it is possible to be more wrong in one tweet.
Son is South Korean
Son started in like eight of the last ten games
China is one of the three teams in the Asian group that has already been eliminated from the third round of Asian qualifiers.

But that wasn't my point. It was the report that Poch had been told we must " sell before we can buy"....Every other premier league club seemingly has a transfer kitty they can dip into. A war chest of premier league/ tv millions as they say. But we supposedly have to balance the books. I just find the notion absurd. If you disagree, then fair enough. I just say it as I see it.

I'm sure we have some transfer kitty as well but like it or not we are more prudent than some and also we are not at the stage of completely rebuilding a side but hopefully small additions to strengthen.

I do sometimes feel that the media reference to 'war chests' is just a media phrase to hype up the transfer window more and glamourise it.

It was bought up by a few and rightly so.

What bothered me was not the paying respects to Bradley but the start of the second paragraph, 'However the earth does not stop'. It just sounded really disrespectful.

I am a pragmatic man.

I know I meant zero offence to the memory of Bradey Lowery but if even one person thinks that I apologise unreservedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom