Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
At age 24, not a lot of developing is going to happen. And if you want Edwards and Onomah to develop, you need to give them minutes. If you have Barkley taking up the minutes which they would be getting, how do they develop? It's a bit chicken-egg.

To me though, it boils down to I don't think Barkley is a talented enough player for Spurs, and I feel that buying him blocks the development of players who might be talented enough. Others will disagree. I am ok with that disagreement.

He's certainly not the finished article I agree but under Poch he could be so let's trust him

With the imminent return of Lamela, Rose and Winks I'm excited enough about the forthcoming season even if we don't buy anyone

I loved most of the football we played last season and I also loved the obvious team spirit shown which is reason enough to conclude the Kyle has made a major mistake

entering lah lah land here...

Manchester City sign Kyle Walker
Manchester United sign Eric Dier
Real Madrid sign Kylian Mbappé
Spurs sign Gareth Bale

ooooooooooooooh!

Kane

Dele Eriksen Bale

Dembele Wanyama

Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Trippier

Lloris
i know, i know but, why not just go for it! there's a trophy right there without doubt!

Vorm, Lopez, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Winks, Onomah, Edwards, N'Koudou, Lamela, Son, Janssen

Sell Rose and put Bale at LB - He plays on the left, he plays on the left...

He's an exciting player for sure. Don't know how realistic the link is, thought I heard he'd cost a fortune.
Was being linked to Manure in Feb gone quiet since then. ITK is indicating that we are very close to signing a player in Italy and his name was highlighted with a couple of others.

Since you are only allowed to play with 11(10 if we started with Fazio) players on the field at the same time. You have to take away the goals of the player that Barkley will put to the bench. Eriksen/Son most probably...

And that we dont want to do.

You just said he'd only start the same number of games as a Sissoko or Onomah........how many goals do we need to chalk off their tallies vs Barkley

Last edited:
Bale is just a fantasy however I did however allow myself to drift off into a daydream earlier, I imagined we took the Walker money, added £30m and bought him back.

Think it's the final piece in the jigsaw, a player that scares defences, whips in an amazing cross and has the ability to win a game with a single piece of magic.

The reality is a move to us would be seen as a step back (not including the financials) and i'm not sure he would do it, if he was to ever come to us it would be way past his peak when his pace has gone. I got a lot out of his time with us but he hasn't grown with us like Kane, I don't think he sees us as his spiritual home.

According to some the genuises on here there is literally not a single signing in Europe that would improve us. Do you understand the level of buffoon we're dealing with here?

I don't think anyone is saying that. What some of us are saying is that there are few, if any, that we could realistically get without blowing the bank and fucking up our wage structure that are likely to improve our first eleven or fourteen.

Any strong links today?
linking.jpg

This looks pretty strong

:pochbye:

Clearly bonkers and probably bullshit.
If, while we are operating in lala land, they pushed it up to 65 I would be tempted to say take it.

He's a 7/10 centre back and we could get William Carvalho for much less than that to do a similar job in centre mid and still have about 45 million to spend on an 8 or 9/10 type rapid centre back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom