Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we not have a vote on the various options. No idea how to set it up on here but others do.
1 spend high to match our rivals
2 spend what we have made on transfers+ say 30m
3 spend what we have made on transfers
4 spend nothing and rely on academy players.
Feel free to add options.
I expect options 2 and 3 to be the best supported.

Already did that a month or so back -you'll have to search and find it.

Most people want an imaginary option where we sign 10 players worth £50m and field a squad of 21

I haven't denied it and acted all holier than thou about abuse like this...

When a basic search shows this...

Not only that, you get on your high horse about anyone having the gall to call someone else a gooner. It's the height of offense to you...

Yet, look at this...

Everything you claim to find so disgraceful and have a go at others for, you are well documented doing yourself.

Maybe don't act so above it all and just admit you're as bad as any of us and it'd go a bit smoother instead of pretending that it is or isn't on depending if you're giving or receiving it.

Which one was he now ? ...the liar, the racist, the cunt, the hypocrite ( oh no, that was me), the Wanker, the coward, the gooner....
I've lost track
The Prince returns on his high horse. Just has to be part of the conversation.

Thing is, if you have a squad of players who are at their peak, Conte may be right that you stay at that level if you don't buy new players. But we have a younger squad than him, so this coming season the majority of our players will have grown into better players than last season. That isn't standing still. Plus we add from our academy, which they don't, but if done properly like we do, you get new talent that can improve your squad.

Fuck Conte, basically.
Conte just bought a kid who was playing inRennes youth 3seasons ago, who cost Monaco £6m 2 seasons ago. Also a kid who was playing in Boulogne youth 3 yrs before he joined Leicester for £7m.
The question is if Monaco can win the league buy buying players like Silva, Bakayoko, Mendy, sidibe for all under £12m, promoting youth like Mbappe win a title and reach a CL Semi why is it only by buying expensive players you challenge?
Doesn't make sense becuase you are buying, expensively, the players that cost other clubs peanuts who won titles, like Bakayoko and Kante.

I suppose Conte is not one for nurturing, growth. He's goes for the quick fix.
You can only do that if you have money, otherwise you make do with what you have got and embrace it. Turning it into something adored and admired.
Explains why he has that expensive thatch on his bonce.

Ronald Koeman has confirmed that Barkley will '100%' be leaving

He are some direct quotes from Koeman rather than the newspaper BS.

"We made a good offer of a contract. He declined"
"Ross told me at the end of the season he wanted another challenge,"
His personal situation is really not so difficult. My priority is not Ross, with respect, it is his decision. I look more to other players. I knew this at the end of the season.

"Everyone knows what the situation is and that's enough, I don't talk any more about this."
Koeman claimed he was informed by Barkley at the end of last season that the player would not sign a new contract worth more than £100,000 a week with his boyhood club. Asked if he expected the 23-year-old to leave, the Dutchman replied: “Yes, 100%.”

His personal situation is really not so difficult. My priority is not Ross, with respect, it is his decision. I look more to other players. I knew this at the end of the season.

"Everyone knows what the situation is and that's enough, I don't talk any more about this."
Koeman claimed he was informed by Barkley at the end of last season that the player would not sign a new contract worth more than £100,000 a week with his boyhood club. Asked if he expected the 23-year-old to leave, the Dutchman replied: “Yes, 100%.”

I see the news has just reached Australia

Do you have an update on Damiao? Would be nice to wrap that one up soon, he looks a decent young prospect.

We haven't bought anyone that's any cop

We bought some kid from Milton Keynes we won't have who will obviously be one for the future. Probably loan him out. Dele Ali
Another two kid prospects for peanuts form Sporting Lisbon Dier and USA Yedlin
We just swapped Siggurdsson for Vorm a keeper we don't need and an unknown LB in Davies what an error
We got a second choice CB in Fazio
The only decent signing looks like the DM Stambouli and he cost less than the kid from Milton Keynes.
£27m we've spent. Still no fucking striker. Kane ain't good enough and neither is Soldado.

Now
Kane £100m
Dier £50m
Dele Ali £80-100m
Vorm £10m?
Davies £25m?

The Prince returns on his high horse. Just has to be part of the conversation.
What's funny is that John Thomas John Thomas will never write a critical post of that article about Spurs and say with any conviction or credibility why he disagrees with the points made.

Why is ambition not seen as long term?
Why does he ignore the programme we are implementing?

It's just, we need to spend, and an utter dismissal of all the positive reasoning that goes against that.

He has flown into one after Kyle was sold......his priority is still not a RB though. He never talks about a RB...it would lend an ounce of credibility to his views at least.

It's fucking ridiculous that signing Kovacic or Lemar would ease his fears for next season somewhat, yet he feels we shot our bollocks off by selling Walker.

Total lack of consistency, and the argument is losing its legs every day that goes by.

Where are all the shouts for 2-3 players to immediately improve the start 11?
No one is saying that now......why? Because it was a pathetic claim and they have seen it now.

They honestly don't know who they want and why.....as long as a player is linked on twitter, then that's the main focal point and it's a disaster if we don't get them.

People worrying because Pau fucking Lopez left... Jesus Christ, relegation awaits

Last edited:
I hear THIS is the year we finally sign Damiao, I am ITK...

Tbf, if people weren't having little bitch sessions on every fucking page maybe it would be easier to see actual transfer related stuff!
He washed up in Spain briefly, for Betis.

Played three games. He was fucking shit. They got rid, loaned him to Flamengo, who in turn have loaned him to Internacional where it all started for him

:sandroscream:

He washed up in Spain briefly, for Betis.

Played three games. He was fucking shit. They got rid, loaned him to Flamengo, who in turn have loaned him to Internacional where it all started for him

:sandroscream:
A loan within a loan?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom