Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is training with Everton.
It's has been said today that Koeman is considering whether to pick him for the EL .
That means if he plays he can't play in the CL doesn't it.

I don't think he's coming here either.
Swanseas ins rely on Siggurdson sale and if Everton had so much money to spend like everyone says they should have bought him by now.
That obviously is dependent on Barkley sale. They will want to cover a hefty piece, if not all, of that fee with Barkley.
Will we stump up more than £30m for Him?

It's has been said today that Koeman is considering whether to pick him for the EL .

Swanseas ins rely on Siggurdson sale and if Everton had so much money to spend like everyone says they should have bought him by now.
That obviously is dependent on Barkley sale. They will want to cover a hefty piece, if not all, of that fee with Barkley.

Absolutely fine "missing out" on Barkley if it means getting K. Baldé Diao

For everyone who helped get this thread to over 1000 pages...

giphy.gif

We definitely should. Barkley would offer us a lot and only get better in this team. He's stagnated recently but I think that's down to his environment not making him want to push on

It's clearly not an advantageous situation for them. If he doesn't sign a new contract. Sell now for 25-30 mil, sell in Jan window for 15-20 or let him go as free agent next summer. And the moment he's signed a long term contract for someone else he'll be worth 45-55 mil.

Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon
ArcspacE ArcspacE
Spanish Spur Spanish Spur

You are right, he spent one season under Poch. But I think his confidence got fucked in his first season here, and he didn't manage to pick himself up from the mental hole he had dug/been dug into.

I do think he could've been good had he _arrived_ when Poch was here. Either way, whether or not he'd have been a success here, I love his skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom