Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lost track, are we net £50m up in the window?

Get Barclay for £25m & it leaves Levy with a hot £25m for bagain hunting.

(not sure how accurate my figures are though!).

If we are basing it on Llorente signing for £12,000,000 then we are in the plus by about £8,000,000.

Excited about Aurier. Bit underwhelmed about Llorente (Flashbacks of bargain basement deals with Harry Redknapp).

As long as we finish in the top 4 at the end of the season, I think we should be ok. I personally feel another opportunity missed this window. Not sure for how long we can keep doing this net spend bullshit before players think I am not getting paid as much as others and the club is going nowhere.

As things stand Levy has delivered.

We lost Walker - arguably have someone better in Aurier
Lost Wimmer - replaced with one of the best young centre-backs in world football
Swapped Janssen for a proven Premier League goal scorer who gives us a different option
*** Forgot to mention Foyth - an upgrade on CCV by all accounts

Anything more will be the icing on the cake. If Barkley was fit I'd love that but his injury has thrown a spanner in the works. If we want someone who can come in and add to the midfield right now then we need to look elsewhere.

I have lost track, are we net £50m up in the window?

Get Barclay for £25m & it leaves Levy with a hot £25m for bagain hunting.

(not sure how accurate my figures are though!).
I'm excited. Keep spending Daniel.
Mahrez, Martial, Barkley. Sign them all, sign all the players.

giphy.gif

Excited about Aurier. Bit underwhelmed about Llorente (Flashbacks of bargain basement deals with Harry Redknapp).

As long as we finish in the top 4 at the end of the season, I think we should be ok. I personally feel another opportunity missed this window. Not sure for how long we can keep doing this net spend bullshit before players think I am not getting paid as much as others and the club is going nowhere.
I don't think Llorente is bargain basement I think he's the perfect guy for the job... physical and proven goal scorer with tons of experience. Kane and Janssen (assuming he stays) can both learn things from him. He is also a good back up to Kane if Janssen is out of favour. The fact that last seasons champions are after him too really shows how respected he is.
Just because he wasn't who we immediately thought of - I'd prefer him as a striker compared to the best target men in the league (benteke, Costa, Bony)

I don't think Llorente is bargain basement I think he's the perfect guy for the job... physical and proven goal scorer with tons of experience. Kane and Janssen (assuming he stays) can both learn things from him. He is also a good back up to Kane if Janssen is out of favour. The fact that last seasons champions are after him too really shows how respected he is.
If he works out, that's great. But his signing is looking like a Sissoko kind of deal where a decent player is available on deadline day and so we went out and bought him.

After what seems like a 8-9 year chase we've finally signed Llorente! Expect Damiao in 2020 and Moutinho in 2021.

Guess Llorente had the Bielsa treatment and hopefully works well as a plan b option. He's had Premier League experience so a solid if not exciting signing. Striker wasn't the most pressing position we needed to fill, but happy with the moves we're making albeit last minute as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom