Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, fuck whoever put that video of Gelson Martins in here. I had no idea who he was and now can't stop thinking about what an amazing signing he would be!

He looks incredibly talented (dare as I say Cristiano Ronaldo'esque before he joined United) and with the right coaching, he would become one of the best.

Selling Walker and Wimmer and replacing them with Sanchez and Aurier is brilliant business.

Fees aside, Sanchez is a huge improvement on Wimmer and Aurier could be just as good if not better than Walker. A huge improvent for our squad. They're also younger and have a higher potential.

0bcc731750b4c9f15d44b2aea1021976.jpg

Selling Walker and Wimmer and replacing them with Sanchez and Aurier is genius business.

Fees aside, Sanchez is a huge improvement on Wimmer and Aurier could be just as good if not better than Walker. A huge improvent for our squad. They're also younger and have a higher potential.

Couldn't agree more.

If he works out, that's great. But his signing is looking like a Sissoko kind of deal where a decent player is available on deadline day and so we went out and bought him.

It's difficult to find someone willing to understudy Kane. This looks like a decent signing in a position we needed to strengthen, and it's pissed off Conte. All good for me.

I don't think Llorente is bargain basement I think he's the perfect guy for the job... physical and proven goal scorer with tons of experience. Kane and Janssen (assuming he stays) can both learn things from him. He is also a good back up to Kane if Janssen is out of favour. The fact that last seasons champions are after him too really shows how respected he is.
Just because he wasn't who we immediately thought of - I'd prefer him as a striker compared to the best target men in the league (benteke, Costa, Bony)
That is what Llorente is for. To ensure that Kane does not get burnt out.
(Aurier puts in a mean cross).

Llorente gives us a different dimension and makes it more difficult for the opposition to guess how we are going to play. The fact he is still a top player at his age shows his commitment. I really want Vincent to flourish so a season loan could be perfect. I still think RB is possible but it has a Levy last minute deal all over it. Would still like an attacking midfielder and seeing those YT of Martins yesterday reminded me of all those Lamella vids when he signed. Can't wait for him to come back into the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom