Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dybala is a busted flush that Juve are trying to offload. It's been them pushing the transfer not us, not him. PSG seems the latest target. He's a PSG type player. "A name". And he can go there and play in cruise mode for league games and score a few goals and do corny celebrations, then get shown up in the CL. He's not cut out for the PL and doesn't seem to have the motivation to come here and try to prove a point - he seems happy to stay at Juventus even though they don't want him anymore.

If we sign him, I'd get onboard with it, but I'm pleased we don't seem to be doing so. I'd rather the transfer funds we have go on addressing the right back situation.
You need to stop talking sense around here while folks are in their vinegar strokes about Dybala and Coutinho...hell, even the normally level-headed Radical Rei Radical Rei is having lascivious thoughts about a Janssen return to top it off.

This is not bad...

iu

(don't like his physiology at all)

Well, yeah, but... I remember another chunky little Argentine who was rather good at football ;)

He's a full back. He didn't play there that much for Fulham because he didn't know the position well enough. There's less risk in playing younger players in attacking positions because they're less likely to make mistakes that lead to goals. He'd be a decent wide player but as a left back I'd back him to oust Chillwell, Shaw and Rose from the England starting 11 within a couple of years.

I think the major reason they kept playing him in forward areas was that he was producing goals and assists by the shit load playing there (he was their top scorer and most productive player by miles that season)

I really think he's a much better forward player than he'd be a LB.

Dybala is a busted flush that Juve are trying to offload. It's been them pushing the transfer not us, not him. PSG seems the latest target. He's a PSG type player. "A name". And he can go there and play in cruise mode for league games and score a few goals and do corny celebrations, then get shown up in the CL. He's not cut out for the PL and doesn't seem to have the motivation to come here and try to prove a point - he seems happy to stay at Juventus even though they don't want him anymore.

If we sign him, I'd get onboard with it, but I'm pleased we don't seem to be doing so. I'd rather the transfer funds we have go on addressing the right back situation.

Never was there more shite uttered.

Lo Celso and Sessegnon seem done, those two plus Ndombele were my dreams before the window. Can’t believe we seem to have pulled them off, pretty happy.

However with the Eriksen situation now I’d be pretty upset if we didn’t bring one of Dybala or Fernandes... we can’t have this Eriksen contract saga going into the season, it could potentially derail us.

My first preference is obviously Dybala here but I’d be more than happy to have Fernandes.

Must admit I am not convinced. As you say he is a big name but has been pushed out by Ronaldo and will have to play second fiddle to Kane if he comes to us.
How many more Argentinians does Poch want to buy.

Back
Top Bottom