Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The image rights basically takes Dybala's fee up to £100m (£64m to Juve, £35m to blood sucking fuckers).
Here's the question though: aren't we going to make that money back anyway? Maybe not right away, but over the duration of his contract with us? So it's not money we will not recoup, no?

In the unlikely circumstance we do get dybala lo celso and Sess in - that essentially means midfield and attack are sorted for the foreseeable and we can focus next summer on defence (1 CB to replace Toby and 1 RB - Aarons?)

Who: GOATSE
Where: SC
When: 7th August

The Goat's source says he is confident we'll sign Lo Celso and Sessegnon tomorrow but that's all.

Less confident in Dybala and Atal saying they were 'possible'. Also that Fernandes is the backup in the unlikely case that Lo Celso hits a snag.
----------------------

Colour me under-fucking-whelmed...

No way is sess a left back long term..the kid scored what? 16 goals in the championship as a teenager....I’m sure poch is looking at sess and seeing no reason why he can’t blossom into a sterling type player. He has the ability and potential to do so.

Depends on how many goals everyone else is scoring.............

:tobyarm:

In the unlikely circumstance we do get dybala lo celso and Sess in - that essentially means midfield and attack are sorted for the foreseeable and we can focus next summer on defence (1 CB to replace Toby and 1 RB - Aarons?)
Hopefully we'll only need to replace 1 of our CB's

I didn't expect Dybala to happen or Coutinho, always figured that was media hype because the wages would be the stumbling block (apparently me thinking we will not sign those two makes me negative.)

I didn't think we would get LO Celso done either but I at least think that's realistic for us, wouldn't surprise me if we did get it over the line, fingers crossed anyway.
Lo Celso isn't a surprise as no one else would pay as much as us. & it's a big fee for him so betis have done well to get that much for him I think. Dyabla or coutinho would be a big shock. Let's wait & see.

I feel like even without Dybala we're already in a very secure position in terms of midfield and attack. I know Alli has lost confidence a bit, but let's not forget him along with Son Lucas and Kane are quite young and potent in attack. Being supplied by Ndombele and Lo Celso is an attacker's dream

:pochohshit:

Here's the question though: aren't we going to make that money back anyway? Maybe not right away, but over the duration of his contract with us? So it's not money we will not recoup, no?

Payment terms are usually split over a number of years anyway.

I'm sick of being the Net Spend Trophy winners. I'd like to go into a game against Bournemouth knowing we will win easily.

I am not ATAL happy about our right back situation.

giphy.gif

Who: GOATSE
Where: SC
When: 7th August

The Goat's source says he is confident we'll sign Lo Celso and Sessegnon tomorrow but that's all.

Less confident in Dybala and Atal saying they were 'possible'. Also that Fernandes is the backup in the unlikely case that Lo Celso hits a snag.
----------------------

Colour me under-fucking-whelmed...
Compared to only getting Ndombele, it wouldn't be a complete disaster.

One thing is for certain. IF, we get both Dybala and Lo Celso, Eriksen is as good as gone, and that will put Levy in a bad position because other clubs will acknowledge the fact that we will have to sell him so they will try to get the price down...

If Dybala or Fernandes (as well as LO Celso) are announced before 5 tomorrow, Eriksen might be gone hours after as there are negotiations atm with Atletico.

Tottenham Hotspur - £47m net spend

In - £140m

Kion Etete (Notts County) Undisclosed

Jack Clarke (Leeds) £10m

Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon) £55m

Giovani Lo Celso (Betis) £50m

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) £25m

Out - £93m

Michel Vorm (Released)

Dylan Duncan (Released)

Charlie Freeman (Released)

Tom Glover (Released)

Connor Ogilvie (Released)

Jamie Reynolds (Released)

Luke Amos (QPR) Loan

Jack Clarke (Leeds) Loan

Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid) £20m

Vincent Janssen (Monterrey) £5.6m

Christian Eriksen (Atlético Madrid) £50m

Joshua Onomah (Fulham) £7m

Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield Wednesday) £10m

Marcus Edwards (Ipswich) £400,000k

That's what Levy is shooting for.

Should be said though that those are pretty ambitious figures for Eriksen, Onomah and Carter-Vickers.

Back
Top Bottom