Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A direct TV journalist is saying we should get Dyabala tomorrow. The usual accounts are sharing it.

If that comes off, holy fucking shit. Get levy a statue

I just cannot imagine we would ever go that deep into the pocketbook without something set up to balance the net spend. Is he actually getting a monster fee for Eriksen from somewhere? What are we missing here?

(The obvious answer is that we're not doing Dybala, duh)

Sorry, I wouldn't. Two players of similar quality, but Dybala has much higher wages.
Dybala is a marquee signing which would get more eyeballs on Spurs, but I actually think Lo Celso is technically more gifted.
Contrary to Lo Celso, Dybala has proved himself both in Juve and Europe. I'm just a little sceptical of Lo Celso, more of a chance he could turn out to be another Janssen.

What if the Sun is right and we break through on Dybala and tell Lo Celso to take a hike?

You lost me with the first six words of your post......... :thumbdown:
37hgxv.jpg

As long as we sign a recognised right back I couldnt give a shit about who else we get. We had a gaping Dembele shaped hole that is now filled with Ndombele, we just sold our first choice right back and clearly plans were there to play Foyth there (which I think is daft, hes a centrehalf, potentially a CDM in the future) and with the the other two options at RB not fancied at all by the manager over the past two years that position NEEDS replacing.

If we get Lo Celso / Dybala / Fernandes / Iniesta / Pele etc in attacking midfield/inside forward thats great, im pleased, but its not where we need squad depth. In fact theres a part of me that thinks it might continue to give Lucas less game time, and I love his "fuck you im doing to take you all on" style. Might not work all the time but frequently it brings some much needed pace and directness to our all round game when its gone flat.

This journalist is followed by Kristof Terreur (the most reliable journalist I know)

Paulo Dybala is very close to reaching Tottenham. It is expected that by tomorrow the last obstacle to its signing will be unraveled: image rights. Poch close to having the Argentine striker who rejected United.

In my opinion the situation is as follows: nobody knows if a deal will be made, not even Levy or Image Star or Dybala and it will require some hard negotiating. I 100% believe Levy will do what he in good faith believes is the best outcome for the club: I don't like to say it, but if Image Star are unreasonable, then there is a (total) price for Dybala that's too much to be worth it, and then we should walk.

Back
Top Bottom