Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dybala for Atal done and done.
Look I've been berated here for claiming that we need a RB urgently, but you're taking it too far. Obviously if you had a straight choice between Dybala and Atal, you'd have to pick Dybala. Dybala could be a superstar, and is a marquee signing that would improve our brand value of a club.
The only thing that concerns me about Dybala is his transfer fee and wages meaning that we won't have much money to spend for next year. Next summer Ald will be leaving, and Vertonghen will be 33, so we'll ideally need atleast 1 world class centre back.

Lo Celso's issue is that he's a bit one footed. He also could take some time to adjust to the demands of the PL. Please don't compare him to Jansenn, he's so talented!
I'm only saying he's unproven, compared to Dybala. Certainly not comparable to Janssen skill-wise, a lot better he is. And i am not saying he would be a bad signing, it just seems that Dybala has that something extra in him.

Even I am starting to believe a miracle might happen here and we will get LO Celso and Dybala, fuck it, I am going all in on the crazy train as well, hope I am not going to be disappointed.

Is there any chance we might get a RB as well? I feel like that's the position we need to sort out the most.

You feel proud to represent the University that aided and abetted the crimes of Larry Nassar?
tenor.gif

Tottenham Hotspur - £47m net spend

In - £140m

Kion Etete (Notts County) Undisclosed

Jack Clarke (Leeds) £10m

Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon) £55m

Giovani Lo Celso (Betis) £50m

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) £25m

Out - £93m

Michel Vorm (Released)

Dylan Duncan (Released)

Charlie Freeman (Released)

Tom Glover (Released)

Connor Ogilvie (Released)

Jamie Reynolds (Released)

Luke Amos (QPR) Loan

Jack Clarke (Leeds) Loan

Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid) £20m

Vincent Janssen (Monterrey) £5.6m

Christian Eriksen (Atlético Madrid) £50m

Joshua Onomah (Fulham) £7m

Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield Wednesday) £10m

Marcus Edwards (Ipswich) £400,000k
Don’t forget the 10m for Dembele which effectively pays for Clarke

I just cannot imagine we would ever go that deep into the pocketbook without something set up to balance the net spend. Is he actually getting a monster fee for Eriksen from somewhere? What are we missing here?

(The obvious answer is that we're not doing Dybala, duh)

Selling Eriksen to Atletico - I guess £50m + so majority of fee paid for out of that

Back
Top Bottom