Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Debatable. Dembele slowed down a lot in 17/18, but he was still mincing mid fields for fun a lot of the time.

Dembele moved from being very very good in 16/17 to being 'average to good' in 17/18 with a number of players like Pogba taking him apart. In 17/18 even poorer. And in both seasons often injured/unavailable as he couldn't play all the games.

But even in Dembele's best days of 16/17 whilst he was fantastic at breaking through opposition lines he was very poor at passing so our AM's and Kane had to drip back to pick up the ball, slowing our attack.

Ndombele has very good passing skills, so our AMs do not nee to drop back making us a far more potent attacking side - Ndombele is an upgrade even on 16/17 Dembele and just on a far higher plain than Dembele of the last 2 seasons. And at 22 likely to be at Spurs for a decade, improving under Poch coaching.

Pretty much.

We got absolutely lambasted by pundits last season for not strengthening our line up or squad - yet Liverpool have pretty much done the EXACT same thing this year. (Bar goalkeeper depth) yet will probably get the likes of:

"How do you strengthen this team?"
"Who do you replace?"

etc etc
So smart by Liverpool. No team has tried it before. Continuity is what’s important. I’m sure their depth is not an issue. How do you improve perfection?

Overall a good window. Addressed our midfield problems. Really excited to see Ndomele and Lo Celso come into this team. Would have liked us to sort out a RB but as there was no movement at all from us in that area i believe Poch has faith in what we have. A back up for Harry would have been great too. Dybala would have been amazing but it always looked unlikely. Which makes me wonder why there was no second target for that position. We could have used that money for Icardi (just for example) plus the deal would have been a lot easier and cheaper no doubt.

If the Dybala interest was 100% genuine (from what i have been reading i believe it was) then we can expect to continue to try and sign him in the next few months before January 1st?

Great to see two young English prospects come in. I look forward to seeing them develop with us.

Going forward I'd love to see Eriksen stay and then from January onward looking to get real quality in for the possible departures of Toby, Jan, Rose and Aurier.

Really looking forward to kick off now and have just read Lo Celso and Sess are registered in time to play on Sat so could see Lo Celso involved at least as Sess is still injured.

COYS!!!

Ha! How many signings in my transfer window now! I'll include lo celso too...am a living legend at transfer thread starting so I will do a poch: retire at the top after immense success...adieu gentlemen and ladies...I wish you all well and I name my thread starting successor as...drum roll.... Bazali Bazali if he'd like to do the honours?

I’d end up straight in bin mate

Envy is a terrible thing

You’ve done a great job so carry on

If the Dybala interest was 100% genuine (from what i have been reading i believe it was) then we can expect to continue to try and sign him in the next few months before January 1st?
I can't imagine him staying there, seems like Juventus have made it pretty clear they want to sell him. I hope we can get some kind of deal done in January if he doesn't go but I'm sure PSG will throw money at him before the window ends for them.

Back
Top Bottom