Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keep getting DMs asking for my official reaction to our window. Can't reply to everyone individually, so I'll jutlst make a statement here:
If a big club like Real had signed the players we signed this summer, everyone would be asking why they signed unknowns for high prices.
The posters on here who think this was a good window are the real enemies of this club. Their refusal to make demands of the club administration perpetuates our second tier performance.
Look me in the eye and tell me it's not so.
Dybala was the opportunity to move up a gear. The marquee signing. It’s sod’s law that he wanted to sign, we wanted him and Juve wanted to sell but some geezer in Malta said no. Nothing against Lo Celso but I hadn’t heard of him before the summer (I know, I should get out more). Even I had heard of Dybala

Keep getting DMs asking for my official reaction to our window. Can't reply to everyone individually, so I'll jutlst make a statement here:
If a big club like Real had signed the players we signed this summer, everyone would be asking why they signed unknowns for high prices.
The posters on here who think this was a good window are the real enemies of this club. Their refusal to make demands of the club administration perpetuates our second tier performance.
Look me in the eye and tell me it's not so.

Don’t let this fame go to your head mate

Dybala was the opportunity to move up a gear. The marquee signing. It’s sod’s law that he wanted to sign, we wanted him and Juve wanted to sell but some geezer in Malta said no. Nothing against Lo Celso but I hadn’t heard of him before the summer (I know, I should get out more). Even I had heard of Dybala

In the current team, Wanyama Sissoko and Moura are the only players I knew about before we were linked.

Dybala would have been the closest thing to van der Vaart recognition and that was nearly 10 years ago.

No not forgotten, but are you not a little disappointed with the signings ? Tanguy does look a good player, Ryan is very raw and lo celso I have no idea about tbh... we have no strikers apart from kane and no right backs that are even decent imo
No. I’m not disappointed at all. I’m concerned about RB but I trust Poch has a plan. Dybala would have been icing on the cake, but I think we had a very good window with the caveat that it isn’t over yet because we may yet sell one or more players prior to 2nd September.

Both Lo Celso and Ndombele are better than dybala. I'll duck now
They are very different players, but I think Lo Celso and Ndombele fill a much more pressing need compared to Dybala. Look at this radar, it’s giving me an erection.

Paris-Saint-Germain-vs-Lyon.png

I think today is probably not the best day to think about our transfers. Best to look at it calmly in the morning but my first thoughts are we have purchased sensibly and strengthened in a targeted fashion not in a scattergun way. I think the three new players is probably a reasonable amount to bed in. Ideally a Trippier replacement would have been nice but if Serge/KWP are showing it in training then I can see the logic of not buying.
We have young players

I think today is probably not the best day to think about our transfers. Best to look at it calmly in the morning but my first thoughts are we have purchased sensibly and strengthened in a targeted fashion not in a scattergun way. I think the three new players is probably a reasonable amount to bed in. Ideally a Trippier replacement would have been nice but if Serge/KWP are showing it in training then I can see the logic of not buying.
We have young players

Definitely best to look at it in the morning Hic ! :thumbup: 🤢

Putting themselves on the back because Twitter made Levy buy people

Vodka and Charlie time for all the backPoch team. Amazing people. All of them.

It is clear that #backPoch was the key to our transfer window. The power of social media is here to stay.
I’m glad to be in the presence of such influencers. These are the times to be alive for sure.

When the #backpoch YouTube channel appears I will be a fully paid subscriber.
We can all see guys embody the 2019 spirit of To Dare is to Do (a tweet)

Inspirational.

Back
Top Bottom