Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FIFA have deemed that the summer transfer window must be open for at least 12 weeks, and with the Premier League deciding to close the window before the first game of the season, the window will open at midnight BST on Thursday May 16th, and close at 5pm BST on Thursday August 8th with the first game of the 2019-20 season to be played the next day.

Only domestic transfers will be possible though until June 9th when FIFA’s international window opens with the Transfer Matching System active. Additionally, since most contracts expire on June 30th, many deals will not be made official until July 1st or later.

No players can be loaned after the August 8th deadline, and only free agents can be added to the squads after that. Players can still be sold to foreign clubs after the Premier League deadline, until their respective deadlines - France: 11th June – 31st August, Germany: 1st July – 31st August, Italy: 1st July – 18th August and Spain: 2nd July – 31st August.

The Championship has decided to match the Premier League’s deadline date for transfers, but can still loan players until August 31st, while clubs in Leagues One and Two can continue to trade players until August 31st.

He’s been massive for the team this season. Can’t ignore that
He's the veteran head we have been longing for in a lot of ways.

Proven winner. Scudettos, world cup, European cup, Europa League. He's got it. He's also a consummate pro. A legit vault of big game experience that we haven't had since Rafa.

I would like to see him stay but I would also understand him riding off into the sunset.

People don’t want Llorente because ??? but want Rondon who’s exactly the same type of player. Llorente stepped up when Kane was out and scored goals, important goals. We owe him a lot in this Champions League run.

Llorente has more than paid his wages and transfer fee.

More than we could ever have asked - I think it'd actually be best for him to leave in the summer. Go out on a high and let him go back to Spain into the sun and see his career out, if he doesnt retire.

Sign a wide forward and just rely on Dele further forward, Son, Lucas or the new signing to fill in for Kane if he's injured or in need of a rest.

People don’t want Llorente because ??? but want Rondon who’s exactly the same type of player. Llorente stepped up when Kane was out and scored goals, important goals. We owe him a lot in this Champions League run.
He's 34, man, I'm very happy with what he has done, but he can't play so much games anymore. But I wouldn't mind give him one more season and bring Mitrovic or Rondon aswell.

Last edited:

More than we could ever have asked - I think it'd actually be best for him to leave in the summer. Go out on a high and let him go back to Spain into the sun and see his career out, if he doesnt retire.

Sign a wide forward and just rely on Dele further forward, Son, Lucas or the new signing to fill in for Kane if he's injured or in need of a rest.

We should absolutely look to sign a wide player.

City and Pool have the blueprint what makes a dangerous team these days and it’s dangerous goal scoring wingers.

We should absolutely look to sign a wide player.

City and Pool have the blueprint what makes a dangerous team these days and it’s dangerous goal scoring wingers.

Indeed.

Son, Lucas and Kane on paper looks a great front 3 if we decide to play 433. (Also need a back up)

40 goals between them in the Premier League this season, 59 in all competitions. Could quite easily get 80 or so in all comps, in my view.

I don't think we have the midfield or full back personnel to play 433 though, so hopefully something we can look to strengthen in the summer.

Indeed.

Son, Lucas and Kane on paper looks a great front 3 if we decide to play 433. (Also need a back up)

40 goals between them in the Premier League this season, 59 in all competitions. Could quite easily get 80 or so in all comps, in my view.

I don't think we have the midfield or full back personnel to play 433 though, so hopefully something we can look to strengthen in the summer.

I hope Poch is open to changing his tactics.

We shouldn’t be looking for attacking fullbacks this transfer window. We need to find FBs who can keep up with Mané, Salah, Sane, Sterling, etc.

This.

I'm not sure why the debate about him vs Rondon is even close. I will forever love Llorente for what he's done when called upon this season, but his legs are already going and they'll be even slower next year. He has the chance to play regular football in a sunnier country next season for a lovely free-transfer wage, I think he'd be wise to go for that option.

Rondon, meanwhile, is only 29 and has been an absolute handful for our defenders when I've seen him play against us.

I'd actually like us to set our sights a little higher when looking for a backup striker, but Rondon in and Llorente out would be the smart move otherwise.

On a side note, Batshuayi has actually looked pretty darn decent for Palace, and he wouldn't have been the silliest of purchases to make in January (I know we were heavily rumoured to be sniffing around on deadline day). Not a chance in hell though that he moves from Chelsea in the next year with their transfer ban.

Wanted to see your guys thoughts on possible/ideal PL targets
Ndidi
Maddison(Leicester)
Maguire
Gueye
Lascelles
Ruben Neves
Doucoure
Tarkowski
Wan-Bissaka
Lewis cook
If we did any business with Leicester, then we're bringing in one player from their squad, tops. They'll make the prices waaaaaay too expensive. You only need to look at the Maguire-to-Utd saga last summer to see that it's the wrong deal for us.

Cook has been an assist machine on the down low for Bournemouth, but would rather see us go for Brooks to be honest.

And I'd sell the soul of my first born child to get Wan-Bissaka.

We shall make signing Wan-Bissaka and a top centre half our top priority. Even if it means not signing midfielder or backup for Kane.

Pay 150 mils for Wan-Bissaka and De Lgt (or someone of that level). With Son, Kane, Lucas we also have goals. The problem is our defence.

Wanted to see your guys thoughts on possible/ideal PL targets
Ndidi
Maddison(Leicester)
Maguire
Gueye
Lascelles
Ruben Neves
Doucoure
Tarkowski
Wan-Bissaka
Lewis cook
Ndidi - Yes, but only if others aren't available.
Maddison(Leicester) - Yes 100%
Maguire - Yes if Alderweireld leaves.
Gueye - Don't think he's any better than Dier.
Lascelles - Interesting one. Wouldn't be against the signing for the right price.
Ruben Neves - 100000000% yes, would cost a fortune though.
Doucoure - Yes, definitely.
Tarkowski - No
Wan-Bissaka - Yes, definitely.
Lewis cook - Depends how he comes back from his injury.

Would also look at Lewis Dunk, Ryan Fraser and David Brooks.

Rondon? wtf

here we are, lovely new stadium, increase in revenue stream that brings, top 4 again, CL finalists. All this chat about pushing on next year and we want Rondon to help us do that?!

Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom